I have recently switched from Verizon to Alltel and my Pearl wont log onto to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mule no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ?

can I unlock my Pearl

Advertisement

I have recently switched from Verizon to Alltel and my Pearl wont log onto to the internet because they said it was a Verizon phone. If I unlock the phone would I be able to use it with Alltel. If so can someone tell me how to unlock it and any other steps I'll need to take. Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think you can unlock/switch a CDMA phone - you'll probably have to trade it for an Alltel phone......or maybe Alltel can use it - have you asked them?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cannot be done on cdma phones.

PIN/ID
    ?
    I looked on ebay an they have unlocked pearls for sale. Is that a different type of unlock or will that not apply to my situation?

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well if Alltel is GSM it should be fine to buy an unlocked phone on ebay.

PIN/ID
    ?
    Yeah, but what I meant was if the pearls I saw on ebay were unlocked, why can't I unlock mine?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you would have to ask verizon to unlock it for you. Just call customer service and ask for blackberry tech support. Another thing yo can try is calling Alltel and ask them to scan the ESN/IMEI # to see if the phone will work on their network. Alltel is being bought out by verizon, same technology, sometimes they share towers as well. No reason why it shouldn't work.

hyperburn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A0E150
    Here is the thing, You are able to unlock the Pearl. What does need to happen though is that the software would need to be updated to support the Alltel network. I used to work for verizon and was a huge cell phone PHREAK!! I modded all kinds of phones and Went through a phaze with a RAZR that made my now ex gf NUTS!!! Anyways, it can be done, you just need to find the right software to do it and also the program to make it happen. Verizon will not be very co-operative in unlocking the phone. So to wrap it up. The phone can be unlocked to work on the network, since they share the same technology. Hope that this helps!!!

paulwallg13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    From what I understand it can be done but you have to take it to Verizon~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Heavy Fluid no está en línea Stack level 2
    A Verizon phone might be able to be used on Alltel, but Alltel would need to flash it. Verizon will not do it, as they are not able to do it. If Alltel cannot do it for you, then you need to sell that phone, and get an Alltel branded Pearl.

The BlackBerry Pearls you are seeing on eBay and Craigslist are GSM phones, for use with AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, etc. and will not work on Verizon or Alltel, which are both CDMA providers.

The technology is not compatible, and therefore there is no possible way to make a GSM phone work on a CDMA network. The term unlocking is usually used when discussing GSM phones, as they can be unlocked to work on other GSM networks. CDMA phones can often times be flashed, but they really cannot be "unlocked" like a GSM phone can.