Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a new BB Pearl from Cingular (AT&T) that I've had for a few ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rufus116 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I reset by Pearl to factory new cond?

Advertisement

I have a new BB Pearl from Cingular (AT&T) that I've had for a few weeks and I have royally messed it up.

If I have the desktop manager disc that shipped with the Pearl, is it possible for me to get my Pearl back to original, as-received condition? I mean nothing different than when I received it, prior to any e-mail configuration at all?

If you think this is possible, I would REALLY APPRECIATE you taking a minute to outline the exact steps. I have really messed up this unit. I'm sure some of the experienced stackers could fix it, but it's probably easier for me to start from scratch.

Many thanks - help please!!!

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Re: Can I reset by Pearl to factory new cond?

What's wrong with it?

As far as the email configuration is concerned, you would have to log into you BIS account (assuming your on a BIS) and delete those accounts, but I don't think that is your problem.

You may want to check out this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    Last edited by wxboss; 05-27-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Well, WX, the list is pretty long.

I have lost the service book for my "second" e-mail account, a Yahoo address. I am receiving e-mails but when I get a long e-mail I only get the first part. When I ask for more, I get an error message saying that the service book can't be found.

Also, regarding my Yahoo mail, after I read the e-mail I can delete only off of the BB. Before I messed it up, I could choose between delete on the handheld only or delete on handheld and Yahoo mail server.

I have no browser icon. I have re-registeed about 15 times with the Host Routing Table and this has not pushed the icon back to me.

In the Blackberry setup folder, I have no choice of setting up mail with Blackberry e-mail, only Blackberry Enterprise Server. When the phone was new, I had a choice of e-mail setup options.

I can't view pictures full-frame from the BB memory or media card, but I can select them as my desktop background.

I screwed it up after using application loader. I got an error message removing the default movie that came in the BB, and I screwed up and chose re-load applications from app loader. Since then, I have lost all of the features above.

My corporate IT group will forgive me if I ask them to re-initiatize my BBES mail. I just thought it would be easier to start from scratch, if possible.

Thanks for your reply, and I would appreciate any further feedback you may have!

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

After reading your comments, my suggestion would be to call and have your service books resent since trying to re-register via the handheld isn't working.

Have you tried the old battery pull and reinert?

Hopefully someone else may be able to help you out here, but I'm not too familiar with BES set ups.

Sorry

Yes, I have tried the battery pull.

That reminds me, I also get an error on re-boot after removing the battery, as follows:

ApplicationRegistry waitFor: (0xac7ae76427d17f19) timeout

It sounds like I may need to wipe the unit and re-start the process. I'm sure my IT department will love me for that!

Who do I call to ask for my service books to be re-sent? Cingular?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

This is not your fault. Check out this post, Problem on Some New BlackBerry Handhelds

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

In your linked post you said:

You will need to download and install on your PC, the current or a later version of the handheld operating system and let Desktop Manager / Application Loader replace the missing module.

Will this be accomplished by downloading the latest desktop manager (4.2 SP2), or do I need to download only a new OS from Cingular?

If I download a new DM software pack and remove the old - reinstall the new, when I sync will this cause me to lose my BBES e-mail config?

Many thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You're on the right track by downloading and installing the latest DM software but you will also need to install this device OS. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ers_4_2_a.html

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ All you need to do to get your BES back is ask your IT admin to reactivate your BB with a new password.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You can either reload the Cingular OS, or if your IT department won't get upset, do as Erica suggests load the latest from Rogers. You might want to verify with your BB admin before messing with your BB.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Cingular (AT&T) selling Pearls as refurbished for $59, along with Samsungs (Blackjack) and other popular phones......just a thought

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I doubt it. It's happening on new units. It's a defective desktop manager on the CD.

Rcbjr
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72
    I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Cingular (AT&T) selling Pearls as refurbished for $59, along with Samsungs (Blackjack) and other popular phones......just a thought

MilitaryPawn no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Major Problem!

When I turn my pearl on I get the error Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException, and it wont go away so I can't do anything else. I know I need to hard reset the phone but my problem gets worse. My USB port is broken so I can't plug it into my computer and because I can't click anything I can't set up the bluetooth to do it that way. Is there any way to reset the phone using the microSD card, like some kind of self extracting reset file or something? I couldn't find anything on Google. Please help! I don't know what else to do!?

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    CAll IT the fixed mine!!!

A hard reset involves removing and reinserting the battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast