Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Can i make my pearl WHITE ? Just saw somebody with the white pearl, its ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    jayswaby's Avatar
    jayswaby no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45

    Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Advertisement



    Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Just saw somebody with the white pearl, its awsome it looks so much cooler than the blackone, now... is there a way that i can make my pearl white ? replacing the skin, shell or whatever. ( i dont want a new phone, just want a different color)

  2. #2
    smomus's Avatar
    smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    248B113c
    Posts
    167

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    wanna trade? I have the white one and want a black one.. lol

    If you figure it out let us know
    SMO ;-)

  3. #3
    Mutiny32's Avatar
    Mutiny32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    No, unless you color it with a white paint marker. The white Pearl is a different phone and you cannot simply change the skin on the phone. You'll have to buy a new one.

  4. #4
    tjhammerhead's Avatar
    tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    44

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny32
    No, unless you color it with a white paint marker. The white Pearl is a different phone and you cannot simply change the skin on the phone. You'll have to buy a new one.
    In just what ways is the White Pearl different than the Black one? Details please.

  5. #5
    tamaraa's Avatar
    tamaraa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    23E48602
    Posts
    51

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    I have a black one and want a red or white one

  6. #6
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    I'm sure you can buy housing for it somewhere. Just look around on google and ebay.
    /~*brooke



  7. #7
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhammerhead
    In just what ways is the White Pearl different than the Black one? Details please.
    It's just White thats all; a different color. Nothing special.

  8. #8
    bonelafide's Avatar
    bonelafide no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    23FFECE7
    Posts
    187

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhammerhead
    In just what ways is the White Pearl different than the Black one? Details please.
    yah, what he said lol.

  9. #9
    becca415's Avatar
    becca415 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    24a0b3b4
    Posts
    35

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    One differance is that the white pearl is made for tmobile and cell one.
    I know there's a web site you can buy new shells and the tools to put them on but I'm not at my computer right now sorry I'll send you a message when I get home ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #10
    dtx's Avatar
    dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Posts
    640

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    It'll void your warranty changing the casing. And chances are you'll break something. Best to trade, or buy a new one.
    Take smomus up on his or her offer.

    As Becca said, that`s true too. Your carrier may not offer the White Pearl, which means having it unlocked.
    I`m with Rogers and they carry Red White and Black, so I didn`t even consider that problem.
    If you trade or buy one, be sure it`ll work with your carrier too.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150


  11. #11
    jclif's Avatar
    jclif no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx
    It'll void your warranty changing the casing. And chances are you'll break something. Best to trade, or buy a new one.
    Take smomus up on his or her offer.

    As Becca said, that`s true too. Your carrier may not offer the White Pearl, which means having it unlocked.
    I`m with Rogers and they carry Red White and Black, so I didn`t even consider that problem.
    If you trade or buy one, be sure it`ll work with your carrier too.
    I have actually taken my get pearl apart and it is pretty simple. Just four screws and four playuc clips that come apart very easily. Just ne patient and take your time doing it and you won't foul anything up

  12. #12
    tjhammerhead's Avatar
    tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    44

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    It's just White thats all; a different color. Nothing special.
    Exactly.

  13. #13
    jmarley's Avatar
    jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    53

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    i bought 3 housings off ebay, they stick to your phone and dont leave any residue. so it just covers all of my black. i bought red, blue, and white for about 10 bucks total. very cool. consider it.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/BlackBerry-Pearl...QQcmdZViewItem

    that is exactly what i got ^^

  14. #14
    brooke03's Avatar
    brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    ^ Yeah I used to buy those things for my razr all the time from visionskins.com. They are awesome and don't peel off until you're ready for them to! No residue either.
    /~*brooke



  15. #15
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Can i make my pearl WHITE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmarley
    i bought 3 housings off ebay, they stick to your phone and dont leave any residue. so it just covers all of my black. i bought red, blue, and white for about 10 bucks total. very cool. consider it.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/BlackBerry-Pearl...QQcmdZViewItem

    that is exactly what i got ^^
    Those don't look like pearl housings at all. They just look like decals/skins.

    I believe the OP wanted the actually OEM plastic housing case. The only way we will get anything like this is if Seidio or some manufacturer actually makes one. I don't think that it's in that high of demand to even make it worth making. Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •