I just dished out for a new pearl and i love it. My company adminstrator ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

1971kenyon no está en línea Stack level 1

Can i keep my pearl handset and change providers ?

Advertisement

I just dished out for a new pearl and i love it. My company adminstrator set up my messages to direct to the new handset and contacts to its new sim card. My company uses Cinglar.

Now out of the blue my company is going to change providers to T-Mobile. Does any one know if I can get the T-Mobile service onto my Cingular handset so I can keep the handset I just bought. Otherwise i will have to use the lower grade handsets that T-Mobile has given my company on their new plan.

I'd hate to find out I've blown a buck or two on a new handset to find out I cant use it.

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Can i keep my pearl handset and change providers ?

Yes You Can Absolutely, However,

To use T-mobile you will have to unlock your phone, normally you will have to contact Cingular and ask them for the unlock codes, you will have to tell them you are leaving the country and going abroad or else you may run into problems.

Unlocking your phone will allow you to use your blackberry on any gsm provider, irregardless of whether or not they have data plans. luckily in your case T-Mobile does.

I'm not sure of the exact restrictions linked to unlocking phones in the USA. I do know that all carriers if they do provide unlocking there are certain guidlines.... For Example:

You have to have been with them for at least 6 to 9 months on a contract term ect... The rules vary between Carriers.
    Last edited by Xorphan; 04-03-2007 at 04:33 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks 1971Kenyon. Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

smokedogg no está en línea Stack level 2

irregardless is not a word.....

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

If you purchased the phone outright, then you can get an unlock code immediately (they will say no, but ask for a manager because they are required to). I think Cingular is 3 months of good payment and you can get an unlock code. If not, there are plenty of unlocking services available.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2

"Smokedogg" learn the english language you speak cause you will make yourself look stupid with comments like that, or you could always stop "Smoking-Dogg"....lol

Anyway... N8DBB thanks for the specifics I was quite unclear about the requirements of cingular.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think ull be even more satisfied with tmo.

BB Downloads
    www.*****.com