When I am at home instead of using my data plan could i share my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Alpinestars no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I...

Advertisement

When I am at home instead of using my data plan could i share my computer's internet connection with my pearl? is it possible?

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinestars
    When I am at home instead of using my data plan could i share my computer's internet connection with my pearl? is it possible?
    I believe the answer to that question is "NO". That would involve Wi-Fi if i am correct. If you are at home, just download or view what you want to look at on your computer. You can then use the download manager to transfer anything you want to the phone.

someone correct me if i am wrong. Thanks

Alpinestars no está en línea Stack level 1
    well, i want to use it around the house i have wireless at my house, id rather use my wireless internet than my data plan when at home

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    For now no device can use wifi but the 8800 that comes soon will have it
    there's suppose to be 2 versions with or without camera and it will be a qwerty device

Hopw this helps
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    well, i want to use it around the house i have wireless at my house, id rather use my wireless internet than my data plan when at home
    Yes, Wi-Fi would allow for this... but BB pearl does not come equipped with Wi-Fi. Maybe in the future ?

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    The question was when the device is attached to your computer. The only phone devices that allow you to access your internet through you pc are the smartphone devices like Blackjack, Cingulars 3135 or any device that uses Microsoft's Mobile5 when conected to Activesync it uses the broad band PC's conection. Another solution is to have blutooth router or have a laptop with a blutooth card and enable shared internet conection. Have not tried it but it's a thought.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Do you have a limited BB data plan? Mine is unlimited so i use it with no worries. I think it would be cool to take a BB without a data plan and connect to wifi.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    Yeah you need wifi which would improve the pearl but the 8800 is going to be a cool device just too big for me. I like the size of the pearl. Get a notebook to use your wifi.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9