Just got my Blackberry last week and i have noticed about 80% of the time ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thegreatone no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Can here my self when i talk?

Advertisement

Just got my Blackberry last week and i have noticed about 80% of the time when i am on the phone talking i can here an echo of my voice. Is this common for this phone or is it my provider. I realy like this phone and whould hate to take it back and get something else.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Re: Can here my self when i talk?

I would upgrade your OS to 4.2.0.64 wich is the O2 OS. then see if you still have this issue. I had it once while running the OEM t-mobile OS. Make sure you are holding the phone correct and have great signal. I know that sounds stupid but helps.
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

i had this problem a LOT with my old 8700. echoing, also, a static blurb would sort of blast through during the call... i actually went through two 8700s with the same problems, then switched to the pearl, same probs...until i found out with the help of a stacker that it was my sim card, not my phone. switched the sim, now the call quality is AMAZING.

anyway, if you're on tmo, you can check your signal strength by zip code on their website. could be that, or it could be your pearl, but if you swap it and still find yourself dealing with poor call quality, i would say check your sim card. the pearl is by far the best bb i've owned in terms of call quality.

mm

ps: if you are upgrading your OS, i would do it only thru your provider (don't download rogers if you're tmo) but i'm anal that way

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

thegreatone, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kamaunu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241c3f07

I'm sorry to hear about the echo, if you live in Hawaii and use t-mobile the echo is a network issue that we have not been able to fix. If your sim card is old it is possible that it's the issue. Call customer care and see if there are any network issues in your area before changing the sim!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Hmm...the echo can be a number of things really, I get an echo too but only when I talk to a particular person...and he owns a Treo! But I've had it happen one other time when calling a house phone. I never thought about switching the SIM, I just don't understand why I hear the echo ONLY when I'm talking to that person. If he owned a Panasonic G50 that would be different...depending on the person's phone I've heard if the speaker and ear piece are really close together like that G50 example I gave, the sound from the person's ear piece travels back to the mouth piece and back to YOUR ear piece therefore giving you that echo...does that make sense? =\

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

This is driving me nuts. Im getting it too along with other issues. Im not happy about this. Yeah the phone is fun to play with but I need it to act like a phone 80% of the time.

Alex

Edit: Just switched SIM cards with my friend and Im still getting an echo and they are missing half of my words.
    Last edited by HyperM3; 11-05-2006 at 10:19 PM.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

Lightbulb Re: Can here my self when i talk?

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    ps: if you are upgrading your OS, i would do it only thru your provider (don't download rogers if you're tmo) but i'm anal that way
    All OS releases are from RIM so do not worry about installing an upgrade from another provider all that simply means is your provider has not tested it themselfs yet so they cant release it. The O2 4.2.0.64 is by far the best OS out to date it almost fixes every bug that the 4.2.0.42 T-mobile OS had and there where lots of them.
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmbhurts
    All OS releases are from RIM so do not worry about installing an upgrade from another provider all that simply means is your provider has not tested it themselfs yet so they cant release it. The O2 4.2.0.64 is by far the best OS out to date it almost fixes every bug that the 4.2.0.42 T-mobile OS had and there where lots of them.

late reply to this...driving cross country is FUN... but if you're a tmo customer and you install the rogers os, and something goes wrong with the phone, doesn't it negate tmobile's warranty?

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    No.

Even if it did you can download the OEM OS from T-Mobile

http://www.t-mobileapps.com/download...m?selDevice=25

Convert back to OEM and they will never know HAHA

mm
    eek! i am oh so afraid of messing up my little pearl! does it really fix that many bugs? the main one i can think of is the trackball/ringer bug... and isn't the tmo update coming soon?