Those of you who have been following my ongoing saga (I deleted my mome pad ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can you Bluetooth beam apps from one Pearl to another?!

Advertisement

Those of you who have been following my ongoing saga (I deleted my mome pad off my Pearl by aciident! ARGGGG! What an idiot! How do I get it back?!) then I apologize for continuing to bother you with my technical naievity!

I was in a Cingular store yesterday and one of their reps said that I could use BT to beam a memo pad on another Pearl on to my Pearl thereby resolving my issue! They of course didn't have another Pearl in the store at the time!

However a friend I'm seeing later today does so...

1) Does anyone know if this would work?
    2) And if it would, how do I do it, please?

I'm tring not to get too excited that this might be the easiest way to resolve this issue...is that light at the end of the tunnel I see? Probably not - it's probably a train! ;-)

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Can you Bluetooth beam apps from one Pearl to another?!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you have desktop manager installed on your computer? If so, there are two possibilities. 1) connect your BB to your computer via usb after opening desktop manager. Click on the application loader. You should see the memo pad in the list of applications, however it is likely unchecked, as you deleted it from your handheld. Check the box, and then next. It should add it.
    2) if you connect your BB but do the application loader and don't see the memo pad in your application list, you'll have to d/l your handheld software from your carriers website, or use the disk included with your blackberry to install it.

Finally, can't Bluetooth applications with your Pearl. Just files, pics, contacts. Sorry! Hope all this helps!

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm sorry for SO technologically dense - how do I downlaod an OS off Cingular's website? I've searched the site anc can'tfind an OS download?

I think I'm going to get booted off this forum soon for being SO tech UN-savvy!

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Nah Taz, the other guys may do that but not here.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

See if that helps

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That should do it. And no question is dumb. There are 100 other people with the same question, trust me. Hope you get your stuff solved!