Hey, I'm new to this forum, would anyone be able to tell me if my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Vietsace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20532fef

Can BB 8100 work under Fido?

Advertisement

Hey,
    I'm new to this forum, would anyone be able to tell me if my new bb once i get it unlock can it be use under Fido? It is under Rogers At&T now... another question is beside getting a code or paid someone to do it, is there a way to unlock this with a prgram like the Razr v3? Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Vietsace, Welcome to PinStack.

Unless I'm grossly mistaken, or there has been a recent change, Fido does not support BlackBerry devices. You will not be able to get data services on that carrier. And the only way to get you BB unlocked is through your Carrier or a Unlocking Service.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    20532fef
    Thankz for replying,
    Yes i understand that Fido doesn't support bb, but i asked them already they said if i get it unlock i can use it just like a normal phone but can't do email and other etc... i dun mind that, all i want is just to use it as a phone anyway, i got the phone for christmas gift so i dun want to spend too much on all feature. i went to Rogers and they told me that they used to unlock it for 250$ but now they are not allow to do that no more so they told me to search around the web. so is there anyone out there can help get this thing unlock plzz?

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Fido does not support e-mail and such, but once it's unlocked you can use it like a normal phone which is what I'm going to do when I get it unlocked. You can get it unlocked by buying a code off Ebay for about 35 bucks, that's probably the cheapest way to get it done unless your Locked Service Provider will give you the code for free. Hope that helps.

PIN/ID
    20532fef
    So if i buy the code of ebay then it will be unlock, is this thing reliable though, i dun mind spending the 35 bucks, all i'm worrying about is this code won't work as many ppl has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vietsace
    So if i buy the code of ebay then it will be unlock, is this thing reliable though, i dun mind spending the 35 bucks, all i'm worrying about is this code won't work as many ppl has been said.
    Well most people are 100% successful for the Ebay codes, and if yours doesn't work you will be able to get a full refund. Tonight I will be buying a code, here's the link for it:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Unlock-Your-T-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

PIN/ID
    20532fef
    Thankz for hooking up the link.. but it said to unlock T-mobile USA blackberry, I'm in Canada and my phone is with Rogers. will it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Vietsace
    Thankz for hooking up the link.. but it said to unlock T-mobile USA blackberry, I'm in Canada and my phone is with Rogers. will it work?
    No problem. No, it will not work you need to find someone selling unlocking codes for the SERVICE PROVIDER it's locked to. I found a link on Ebay to unlock Pearl's locked to Rogers and here it is:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-unloc...QQcmdZViewItem
    To unlock a ROGERS Pearl it is MUCH MORE expensive, 119.99.

PIN/ID
    20532fef
    Thanks for the help