Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all, I am new to the Blackberry community and I am trying to learn ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

infiniti35 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone help me with this mesage error Device Software Error!!

Advertisement

Hello all,
    I am new to the Blackberry community and I am trying to learn everything I can. I just purchased my Blackberry Pearl and installed the Desktop Manager 4.2.2.10 SP2 off of the blackberry website. I installed everything correctly and when I open the desktop manager up I keep getting some kind of error when I click on the application loader.
    I plug my phone in and seems like the desktop manager connects to it because it lit up green at the bottom of my screen in the tool bar.
    When I click on the application loader it seems that it does try to connect and before I can get any where I get this message that pops up.

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software
    for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your
    wireless service provider or system administrator."

and I cannot load anything nor can I delete anything it just stops right there.
    Can anyone help me out I have no ideal what that message means.

Thanks All.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Can anyone help me with this mesage error Device Software Error!!

You need to download an operating system and install it on your computer. Then you won't get that message.

Thanks for the reply. If I follow the instructions from the above thread will that slove my problem.
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 14AUG07]

I guess it would be wise to download the Tmobile Czech since it is the newest. Now all I do is download it and install it on to the computer and that should take care of the problem?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, just delete the vendor.xml file after you install the os and before you try and load it on your bb.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

HOLD up there. Slow down. The Operating System or OS you are using now is perfectly fine for your phone. There may be changes on a new OS but they will not do you any good yet. Spend some time getting to know how your phone works. Download some applications and learn how they work how to set them up. If you start trying to upgrade your phones OS without any knowledge of how the phone works you will be very upset. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the responce. I have been messing with it for two days now it was driving me crazy.. I was under the impression that first I had to be able to get the Application Loader working in order to download and install a new version of the OS software.
    By any chance do you know if ther are any problems with Kingston memory in the pearl phone. I bought a 2gb and installed it and the phone is not recognizing it. I went to the cingular store and tried a different memory card also 2gb and it recognized it just fine. For some reason the phone acts like theres nothing there..any ideals??

Kingston is a great brand. When you goto advanced options and then goto media card make sure media card support is on,make sure you format the card,And set the (Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected) to Prompt.

Did the other card at the store you went to work in your phone? If it did then I would suspect that maybe your card is not formated or you just got a bad memory card but that rarely happens with memory these days. But it is possible.

JPL572103.. So you think that if I download a new OS that it wont solve my message error when I open up the Aplication Loader? Again here is what it says when I double click on the application loader. "The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software
    for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your
    wireless service provider or system administrator." and basically it wont let me do anything else..

That message means that there is no Pearl Operating Software on your computer. Did you just purchase the phone new? If so there should be a CD ROM that came with the phone with software that you should load onto your computer if not then you should download your software from your cell phone supplier. I can't honestly say that your MUST HAVE phone software loaded on your pc in order to use the desktop manager? Anybody else have an answer for this??

I hope I might have helped you.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There just needs to be an os on the computer. If you don't want to upgrade, you can just keep from doing it. Desktop manager is funny at times. Sometimes it won't load apps unless there is an os and other times it will. I dunno. Guess its cranky. I am not sure what the "best" os for the pearl is right now, as I haven't messed with one in about 5 months. The best bet would be to find the thread in the pearl forums and see what ppl have deemed as the best os as of right now and use that one.

Yes this phone is brand New, its from AT&T and it did come with a CD. Basically the CD is just the Desktop manager program nothing more then that unless I missed something. I did call AT&T and they werent exactly sure they sent me two emails with some links I havent tried them yet. But it does look like they are links to there OS BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.154...but wernt sure exactly

As for the memory I just popped in the one from the store and it worked. I took the steps you suggested and this what the phone says A media card is not presently inserted in the device.
    but its in the phone..I was thinking it might be deffective since the one in the store worked as soon as I popped it in there.

To fix this problem is it better to download the OS BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.154 that my service provider has on their website or is it better to download the OS that I had seen on one of the threads with the Tmobile in Czech and remove the vendor.xml file. The Tmobile czech on is version 168 I believe, is there much difference? I would just like to be able to run the application loader so I can upload the Iberry theme for now, just to get everything working

I would go with your provider's website download that way if you ever have to take the phone back they can't blame a third party's os as being the problem. And as far as your memory card I think you figured it out by trying a different card that worked in your phone. Exchange the memory card for another and download ATT pearl os.

Hello, Thanks for all your responces..I am going to download the ATT OS from their website. I dont know whats going with the 2 GB Kingston Memory but I sent it back today. The one I tried at the store was a Transcan and it worked fine. I sent it back and they are going to look at it and send me out something else. I will post my results after I download and inst the ATT OS and see what happends and if it fixes my problem. If anyone else knows anything send it my way.

Any one have experience with any of the money programs for the blackberry. I was looking at the Asenedo meny program I believe it runs about 29.99 for it.

Any Good??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast