Hey, It used to work when i got it.. do nto know what setting I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cacofonyx no está en línea Stack level 1

camera zoom stopped working!

Advertisement

Hey,

It used to work when i got it.. do nto know what setting I've chenged - still gettin gto know the keypad and options, you know - camera zoom has stopped at 1x. I checked options in camera. Does not seem anything I've changed to lock the zoom. Even the +/- buttons are not changing. Any help is appreciated... Have read in this forum that you can set zoom off and on.. not sure how..

-S

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: camera zoom stopped working!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does up/down on the track ball adjust the zoom at all?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Do a Battery Pull, this seems to fix it most times

It is also advised to turn the device off and on once a day. for just acouple seconds is fine. Or use Auto on/off in Options>Auto On/Off. I set mine to turn off at 4 Am and on at 4:45 am but that is just me.

P.S. An effective battery pull is taking the battery out while the phone is on.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 06-27-2007 at 04:52 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

cacofonyx no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck
    Do a Battery Pull, this seems to fix it most times

It is also advised to turn the device off and on once a day. for just acouple seconds is fine. Or use Auto on/off in Options>Auto On/Off. I set mine to turn off at 4 Am and on at 4:45 am but that is just me.

P.S. An effective battery pull is taking the battery out while the phone is on.
    Hey this did the trik. Thanks. But after I pulled my BB said "application error; reset" So was worried something had goen wrong and it tool a while to come back... Finally.. it is back and zoom also is working.. Any idea why was it not working? 'cause I do not remember doing anything for zoom, though..

I guess it is not a good idea to pull battery off when it is on, right??

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

i really wish my camera's zoom would stop working. it is useless, imho. i have my pearl set up at highest res, superfine... but if i shoot a pic at 3x or 5x, the final image is merely a cropped area from the larger image, meaning the overall dimensions of the photo become tiny... imho, it's pointless to use the zoom on a pearl.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by cacofonyx
    I guess it is not a good idea to pull battery off when it is on, right??
    Usually pulls are done with the device powered on. Though I can't think of a specific reason why one way is more productive than the other.

Just make sure it is not in the middle of doing accessing your media card, as in copying a large file to the card or other major actions like that. There is a minor chance of data corruption in that scenario.

Sweetcare no está en línea Stack level 1

I was having the same problem with the zoom on my phone I took your suggestion of turning it off and taking out the battery and it worked, THANKS!

greatbob no está en línea Stack level 1

I was having this problem also and it resolved itself without me having to do anything. But now that I think about it, it probably fixed itself by turning it off when I got on a plane.

Burgermeister no está en línea Stack level 1

I did this as well and it really worked. THANKS. Thought the phone was broke, seems like turning it off and back on does not do the trick.
    Last edited by Burgermeister; 10-06-2007 at 11:09 PM.