Hey everybody, I'm new to the blackberry scene as well as pinstack. Everytime i go ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mattk no está en línea Stack level 1

Camera won't work!!

Advertisement

Hey everybody, I'm new to the blackberry scene as well as pinstack. Everytime i go to use my camera the phone says that i have a application open and i need to shut it down before using camera. I have no idea what to do, if anybody has any idea what to do i would greatly appreciate the help, thanks.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does it say which application? What's the exact dialog message that you receive? Maybe double-check that you aren't low on memory. Options, Status - File Free gives you the bytes.
    If you're taking pictures and saving them to device memory, rather than a media card, you'll fill up your device memory pretty quick (which isn't good - the device will run sluggish if the device memory fills up).

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Matt! Welcome to PinStack!

What device do you have? It would be helpful to update your profile with your current information!

Anyway, if you press and hold the Alt button, then press the Esc button (to the right of the trackball) and keep pressing the Esc button while holding the Alt key it will show you what applications you have running that might be causing the error message.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Roger

mattk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the quick responses!! I have a 8120 blackberry pearl. The exact dialouge message is as follows: Could not start camera close other applications and try opening the camera again. It could be that i do not have a memeory card i just ordered one today but i have not saved or even been able to take one picture yet, so again thanks for the quick i will try the suggestions and let you guys know.

freakinprince no está en línea Stack level 2
    i would ask you to list the running apps that rogro has tell you how to look thru

list all the apps that are running in the background and maybe one of them has to be shutdown so you can use it

cheers

railed80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey I had the same prob with my 8100 pearl. After checking the apps that were running and closing them one at a time, I got it to work. Thanks for the help

mitchsurp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F0115
    Don't leave apps open.

kevwarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the same problem with my 8120 and I dont know how to check to see if applications are open, but i have done a soft reset and a hard reset and my camera still gives me that message please help if you know any solutions

I have tried the close with alt and esc and the appli. just keep reperting over and over

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I would recommend doing a wipe and if it still doesn't allow you to use the camera which is more than likely what will happen you will need to reload the OS on that particular phone.

I have reloaded the hold os and still have that message 4.3.0.72

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Did you use the JL Commander to wipe the phone first before reloading OS?