is there a way to turn the sound off when you take a picture?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jaimeiscool no está en línea Stack level 2

Question camera tone

Advertisement

is there a way to turn the sound off when you take a picture?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: camera tone

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, at least you can't on my 8130. I think its a privacy thing, so people know when your taking their picture.....not positive on that though.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ter_sound.html read this thread.. sorry there is no way to turn off the shutter sound for the camera

AlertRenegade no está en línea Stack level 1

After attempting much no luck. In the net_rim_bb_camera.cod you will find "CameraShutter.mid" and "resource/CameraShutter.mid". Whenever this is changed and loaded back onto the phone you will get an error. This error comes from the different HASH on the phone. So until someone figures out how to get the phone to not check for the HASH of the application, or a way to delete that midi file, or to keep the same HASH but still changing the file. This isn't possible.

epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

You can, however, make a call from your phone to your voicemail and while the call is connected push your camera button and take a picture without the shutter sound. This was in another thead but I don't have the link. Try it. It works.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

You can, however, make a call from your phone to your voicemail and while the call is connected push your camera button and take a picture without the shutter sound. This was in another thead but I don't have the link. Try it. It works.
    Yes, that works. I was texting my girlfriend about my professors funky outfit (she's 40something and still wearing chokers and gothic stuff) so I called my VM and snapped a quick picture. It works.

jaimeiscool no está en línea Stack level 2

ok thanks