at least 2-3 times a day, my blackberry will go into camera mode when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Question camera starts by itself?

Advertisement

at least 2-3 times a day, my blackberry will go into camera mode when i touch the pearl to light up the screen. i will then have to press red to exit out of camera. its really annoying that this happens to me daily. i am not purposely activating the camera at all. i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem. if so, a solution of some sort too?

i use the cingular grey pearl btw.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: camera starts by itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ct5694
    at least 2-3 times a day, my blackberry will go into camera mode when i touch the pearl to light up the screen. i will then have to press red to exit out of camera. its really annoying that this happens to me daily. i am not purposely activating the camera at all. i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem. if so, a solution of some sort too?

i use the cingular grey pearl btw.
    Could it be that one of your fingers is pressing the convenience button on the side - which would start the camera?

You can always change the convenience buttons to do other things - or nothing at all

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

you don't have the short cut on your home screen do you?
    Maybe try using the volume keys to light up the screen, since they won't activate anything.

also sinkers has a good point

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also have the same problem when I take my phone out of the comparment on my door in my car.the camera automatically starts and drives me crazy! So just so you know you aren't the only one

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers
    Could it be that one of your fingers is pressing the convenience button on the side - which would start the camera?

You can always change the convenience buttons to do other things - or nothing at all
    i am definitely not pressing the convenience button on the side. that would be silly of me. this definitely just rolling the pearl. and i dont have any short cuts to camera on my home screen either.

the camera is definitely starting by itself when i pull it out of my purse... or ilght it up.... lame.... i cant figure out why this is happening.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ct5694
    i am definitely not pressing the convenience button on the side. that would be silly of me.
    When you say convenience button - don't forget that there are two buttons - one each side

PIN/ID
    n/a

yes i am aware of each one!