Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a small problem. I need my camera in the Pearl to be silent. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Silentjakub no está en línea Stack level 1

camera sounds

Advertisement

I have a small problem. I need my camera in the Pearl to be silent. Sometimes I use it to copy some notes in class (007 style) and I can't afford to be heard. How do I turn off the sound in the camera?

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: camera sounds

I've been working on this problem as well. I have modified a COD file but am not sure how to get it on the Pearl yet... if it works to silence the shutter I'll let you know.

Bill

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

this has been discussed here before (no biggy ) that the issue is with people taking pics of 'unsuspecting' people or 'things' and hence, EVERY cell phone made *should* have the shudder sound and the capability for turning off is gone...by law, i think.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

The only way I know of to do this to.....

1. Call your voicemail
    2. Click menu and click on "home screen"
    3. Go to your camera and while the call to your voicemail is still going you can take a picture undetected.

NOTE: Make sure you end your call to your voicemail after your done taking your pictures.

Hope this helped,
    COJO 24

Silentjakub no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys. I don't take pics of unsuspecting people but of tests and school related stuff. I like the voicemail idea. Oh and Bill let me know what you find out.

hootie311 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF9D15

the voicemail thing doesnt work i tried it ...
    fo sho!!

tha darkness.....

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

One of my programmers, made some changes to my 8100. I now have no sound when I take a pictures. I know he worked on it on and off for a few days. I will have to ask him how he did it. He doesn't even have a blackberry. He wrote a small program that allows me to us email templetes and he added an alarm clock/reminders to my blackberry. I also have emails automatically sent from my blackberry, like I have done in outlook. really cool. I use my bb for business. I also have my bb changing profiles at certain times. Maybe I should have him write some things to sell here? Just a thought, not quit sure if it would be worth the effort. Your thoughts appreciated here.
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I like to take pictures of my daughter when she's asleep and she's a very light sleeper. I'd like to know of this too! I'll try the voicemail thing when I get home.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

tazcalvin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec3c50

hey you have really 'handy' friend. i want those apps too.
    if you find out how your friend disabled shutter sound, please let crackberry
    users know.
    and if you want to set up some business to sell those kinda apps, then
    im already sold.!!!!

I hex edited net_rim_bb_camera.cod (with XVI32) and extracted the MIDI portion of what I believe is the camera click sound. I then edited 2 values that totally mute the sound. I don't know if there is some sorta CRC check when installing COD files so it might not work.

Problem is I'm at work and I can't get all the software and time I need to figure out how to reload the hacked "net_rim_bb_camera.cod" file. Since I use XP x64 at home I cannot complete the task at home. On top of that Rogers wants WAY too much for a data plan so I don't have one.

Maybe at some point I'll figure out how to install this. I tried making an ALX file for it but musta done something wrong as I cannot load it. If anyone wants to try it let me know and I'll email it to you.

Bill

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    The only way I know of to do this to.....

1. Call your voicemail
    2. Click menu and click on "home screen"
    3. Go to your camera and while the call to your voicemail is still going you can take a picture undetected.

NOTE: Make sure you end your call to your voicemail after your done taking your pictures.

Hope this helped,
    COJO 24
    In order for this to work, you need to make sure the "ear piece" speaker on the phone is turned down. At first I didnt think it worked until I turned down the volume. Instead of hearing the flash sound from the regular speaker ( in the back).. the sound will come from the same place you are hearing the voicemail. If you have that "ear piece" speaker turned down... it will "MUTE" the flash.

Sweet trick COJO 24

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    I hex edited net_rim_bb_camera.cod (with XVI32) and extracted the MIDI portion of what I believe is the camera click sound. I then edited 2 values that totally mute the sound. I don't know if there is some sorta CRC check when installing COD files so it might not work.

Problem is I'm at work and I can't get all the software and time I need to figure out how to reload the hacked "net_rim_bb_camera.cod" file. Since I use XP x64 at home I cannot complete the task at home. On top of that Rogers wants WAY too much for a data plan so I don't have one.

Maybe at some point I'll figure out how to install this. I tried making an ALX file for it but musta done something wrong as I cannot load it. If anyone wants to try it let me know and I'll email it to you.

Bill
    Sounds great!
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

talked to my programmer today about removing the sound. Keep in mind we do not do anything with blackberrys. This is what he told me. He edited code that looks for the file that creates the audible sound when you take a picture. file size must match. He did this on a tmobile 8100 with os .64 I do not know the specifics. He did it about a month ago and he said he would have to look at it again to see what he done. He said it was realatively simple and it only took in all about 2 hours. He said mostly research. either way I paid him to do it! he is a valued employee.

So is there a market for bb software. We looked online, software sells so cheap. I know that if we did somethng we would to make a profit. I am open to your suggestions. I do occasionally find really helpful info on here. Not a problem for us to give a little back.

What would everyone like to see their blackberry do ? that is currently doesn't ?

Thanks for listening.
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

I would like to see:

1. Ability to take Video
    2. Turn off Flash sound from Camera
    3. Ability to have email read HTML

I cant think of anything else at this moment. Thanks for you help!

Quote Originally Posted by WRC1045
    He edited code that looks for the file that creates the audible sound when you take a picture.
    Also in the camera COD file I mentioned (net_rim_bb_camera.cod). If memory servers its called "CameraShutter.mid" and it looks to be in a folder named "resource". So located on the phone under:
    "resource\CameraShutter.mid"

I can offer anyone who wants it the hex offset of 2 bytes that can be changed to mute the MIDI file from playing any sound (assuming its the MIDI thats creating the click noise). I just can't get the COD file to the phone. I have contimplated installing the RIM Development Kit. Damn RIM and no 64 bit drivers

I WISH someone would come up with an application that allows users to view/edit the files in the "resource" folder. This is something that is common to do back when I used a VXXX series phone from Motorola.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast