when i shoot a photo, my pearl usually follows my settings for dimensions and quality ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Question camera question

Advertisement

when i shoot a photo, my pearl usually follows my settings for dimensions and quality (1280x1024 superfine)... however, every once every 50 shots or so, it'll shoot a photo at a lower resolution. most of the times it happens, the photo ends up being a lower resolution, sometimes 480 x 384 and sometimes 240x192... i find this very odd, and it's only happened to me about once every 50 shots. i always load up the camera application via the right convenience button. i sometimes shoot by pushing in the pearl, and sometimes by pushing in the convenience button.

have any of you experienced this? any ideas on what to do?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: camera question

when you say the resolution has decreased, do you notice this straight from the PEARL or when you email or mms it to someone?

i haven't noticed it doing it automatically...it normally keeps the selected size.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

I know when you zoom in, the size of the picture is smaller when received...at least it is when I do it.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I notice the decrease after I email it or transfer it to my desktop...

Ktorres, you may be onto something.. Now that I think about it, it seems every shot that's ended up a smaller res was taken while in x5 zoom... If such is the case, then the zoom is pointless, as we're better off shooting them at x1 and cropping the much larger image...