Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have had the same problem with my new Curve. The camera stopped working after ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sreter no está en línea Stack level 1

camera problems Curve 8300

Advertisement

I have had the same problem with my new Curve. The camera stopped working after about two weeks. I tried all the above suggestions but just keep getting: "close other applications and try again".

Bacca Nera no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any up date on this issue? After having my phone for 2 years. The camera gives me that dam error message that say's to close all programs but there all closed did the whole alt thing does nothing. Mabe a hammer will work!

Speeder no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacca Nera View Post
    .... Mabe a hammer will work!
    How about you try that on your phone and let us know if it helps!!!

i11i1i no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by gallywas View Post
    I have developed this problem within 6 days of owning my phone. I know that I had plugged the USB cable up to my computer to try to use the Blackberry disc that was provided with Verizon phone. The disc wasn't of much use.

I wonder if this may have started the camera issues or if it's a program issue?

Just a thought.
    Very interesting. I've had my Curve 8330 for just six days and this problem has surfaced. But you may be on to something with the USB cable. I only developed this issue after using the USB cable. None of the above suggestions work for me, this is immensely frustrating.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had my Curve for about 6 months and the camera issue came up about a month ago. I can still view my pics from the gallery, but I still can't open the camera. The camera should be able to work with several applications running (I've had mine camera working with 3 operas running, BB Messenger, Address book, Calendar, Poker, and google maps all running together. Kve used my USB cable several times and the camera still worked, so I don't think that's the issue. It could be a software problem. I have 4.2.

Bricemails no está en línea Stack level 2
    Battey pull works for me ... Curve 8310

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    pulling the battery for me solved my problem. But the funny thing is, I only seem to have the problem when using the Verizon theme on my 8100 using the 4.5 OS. ATT and TMO themes don't give me this problem. Weird...

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ok here is my problem ... I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.37 I just noticed that when I went to use the Camara the picture and the display of it comes white.. Like if it were to bright.. No idea. Can you help? Pin me... pin:2056b055 thanks in advance. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

slacker44_2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Ok here is my problem ... I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.37 I just noticed that when I went to use the Camara the picture and the display of it comes white.. Like if it were to bright.. No idea. Can you help? Pin me... pin:2056b055 thanks in advance. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have the same problem, did you get a reply to this question ?
    Please post it if you did.
    Thanks

dgsinclair no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Camera not working

I've had my 8310 for over a year now, and it just started having this problem. Not sure what caused it.

I installed the 4.5 OS a few months back, then backed it out b/c it didn't support bluetooth stereo. After that, my phone worked fine for over a month, and i used my camera a lot.

Recent software additions which probably did NOT cause the problem are:
    - facebook
    - upgrade to desktop 4.6/4.5

The closest event I can associate with it is the UNINSTALL of
    - myboxtone

I've tried:
    - pulling the battery
    - turning on the built in memory cleaner and cleaning
    - checking my memory card to make sure it has enough
    - clearing out browser caches
    - making sure camera memory is set up correctly
    - WIPING my blackberry

NONE of those things work. Now what?

Ittle85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Oh boy

Well my friend has bought a 8320. Had it for months now, a couple of months afterwards the camera started doing that stupid pop up. So I did an upgrade, the camera worked wonderful, and then here comes the pop up again. So upsetting no one else knows what to do, it's amazing how many people have the same issue!!

xRuhRohx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26D07FE8
    The last thing I did on my phone was set up my FaceBook app. This morning when I got up, no camera. I dont know if it is a coincidence or not.

whatevering no está en línea Stack level 1

*******solution*******

Ok, i have had this problem for sometime and been too lazy to reload the OS.
    here is what i just did.
    I upgraded the PRL information. depending who your provider is, mine is pageplus and their prl number is *22891 and then i turned the phone fully off and waited 30 seconds and turned it back on and it worked.

In case you have a different provider your *22891 will be different. If you are on verizon i think that it is *228 and then you choose the upgrade roaming profile.
    I have tried everything else in the past and did not work, including closing apps, removing batteries and never worked.

my last thing was to reset the os if this did not work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12