Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

when I tried to launch my camera today, I got this error: "camera failed to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

camera problem.

Advertisement

when I tried to launch my camera today, I got this error:

"camera failed to open, please close any running applications and try again".

I dont think I had anything running but ramble, i closed just about every app I could think of even having ran (google map), and still got the error.

I did a soft reset (battery pull) and it works now, but will I run into this problem when I have a single app running and try and take a picture?

thanks

on a side note, you guys are THE BEST!

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: camera problem.

found a similar post, kind of answered my question.

How do I close out the camera though? or quit the camera app then re-launch it?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yeah...It happens to me too, especially when the device has been sitting dormant I go to pick it up and use it...

Just exit out of the camera and go back in...works for me every time I have done it...

Same thing when you are trying to view video on the media player and it says its busy...Close out, reopen it and you should be good.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

I have had the same problem, but used a trick that a member here showed me. Use the "alt" button ( located on the bottom left hand corner next to the "*") with the button to the left of the end call. You can hold down the Alt button and hit the button mentioned above.

Note: remember to continue to hold the ALT button after you hit the
    button to view what applications are opened. You can scroll the applications opened with the pearl.

After you correctly close the applications you have opened, then you will not have this problem.

sajdonohue no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys. I've been following this thread and tried EVERYTHING you suggested (closing all apps - only have the normal 5 running and beamberry which you cannot close - hard reset etc...) and I cannot get the camera to work. Still get the error message "could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    I have a 1 gig memory card in it and have moved all of my ringtones and photos to the card. I even deleted all un-needed language files to free up memory. I have about 20 mega bytes of free memory. Any other ideas of how to fix this?? Thanks so much this site is the BEST!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by sajdonohue
    Hey guys. I've been following this thread and tried EVERYTHING you suggested (closing all apps - only have the normal 5 running and beamberry which you cannot close - hard reset etc...) and I cannot get the camera to work. Still get the error message "could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    I have a 1 gig memory card in it and have moved all of my ringtones and photos to the card. I even deleted all un-needed language files to free up memory. I have about 20 mega bytes of free memory. Any other ideas of how to fix this?? Thanks so much this site is the BEST!
    Try a battery pull for 30 seconds and stick it back in.

Post back if it doesn't work

cdh121 no está en línea Stack level 1

Anybody have any new info on this issue? I have tried all of the solutions outlined above, and have also tried a wipe, but have had no luck...

haydn no está en línea Stack level 1

Nothing constructive to add.

Just wanted to say I'm getting exactly the same problem (or rather one of my users is), so thought I'd better subscribe to the thread in case there's any updates.

He's going to send me his device when he can spare it, so I can take a look at it.

So far, I've tried cold & warm reboots and re-sending the policy that enables the camera from the BES (we disable it be default)

aplummer99 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem as described above. I have already tried the ideas suggested in this thread, e.g. closing all open apps, soft reset, hard reset. Still gives me the error every time.

miezu78 no está en línea Stack level 1

I dropped my curve in the ocean new years day 08 and ever since i have the same problem...everything else works on it. I only dropped it for a sec and it was in its leather case so i don't think it got any watter damage. but i did keep it off removed the battery and when it dried, powered it up. so like i said only this message appeares when i try to open the camera. also is it normal to have 6 apps opened. I curently have PTT, BBMessenger, Browser, Home screen, Messages and Phone opened and i can not close any of them. so i assuming that its standard to have them opened. is this correct?

gallywas no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: camera problem.

I have developed this problem within 6 days of owning my phone. I know that I had plugged the USB cable up to my computer to try to use the Blackberry disc that was provided with Verizon phone. The disc wasn't of much use.

I wonder if this may have started the camera issues or if it's a program issue?

Just a thought.

Julzee no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problem on my blackberry curve. i have tried everything you said but it still isnt working any more idea's lol. it just randomly stopped working liek i never dropped it or anything???
    thanks heaps

gallywas no está en línea Stack level 1

I ended up returning my phone and the people at the Verizon counter had no idea and actually hadn't seen the problem before. Because it popped up so soon, I was able to do a "no hassle" swap for the same phone. -Side note- They were able to carry over my phone book with emails but I lost my pins. Make sure you jot those down.

They thought it was some kind of software issue and recommended to do as change out asap. 3 of the people had the same phone I have the 8130 pearl so. If possible I would head back to where you got the phone and ask them to resolve or get you a new phone. I hope that's as easy as it sounds.

Phone number 2 has had no sign of the problem.

apedro15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Works for me

Pearl 8100

I have had this problem for the last 4 month after upgrading the OS. The camera never worked, but... two or three times, after taking the phone from my pocket, I saw that the camera was working (the phone was not locked). Then, I wondered why the camera worked in my pocket and not when I tried to make it works.
    I have realized that if you put your finger covering the flash when you try to start the camera, the camera will start without problems. Not sure if this will work for you.
    Last edited by apedro15; 04-28-2008 at 07:52 AM.

inchewazu no está en línea Stack level 1
    mmm ok i used to have a problem like that when upadate i post a tread here lookfor it hahah i dont now if i someone dellete it i may be helpfull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast