Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the photos come out blurry and distorted, really low quality. am I the only one?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Camera is lousy-yours too?

Advertisement

the photos come out blurry and distorted, really low quality. am I the only one?

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Re: Camera is lousy-yours too?

My pics dont come out bad. My SK2, SK3, and my Q took worse pics. Its only 1.3 mega pixels how good do you think its gonna be. Just my .02

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

shira just check that you have not zoomed in to close or to far away , also make sure there are no fingerprints on the camera lense , and yes it is only 1.3 mp

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Quote Originally Posted by shira
    the photos come out blurry and distorted, really low quality. am I the only one?
    Also make sure to go into the options and change it to take the best quality. Mine takes very good pictures considering its a phone.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

not sure what you expect from a 1.3 mp camera. Obviously the picture quality from a device whose sole purpose is as a camera is going to deliver a better quality picture. I think for what it is, an on-board added feature, the quality is pretty good (better then most other camera phones on the market presently).

I use the camera on my Pearl for spur of the moment things that I want to capture in pictures. If I am going to a birthday party, anniversary, wedding etc etc I take my digital camera.

You may also try holding the camera more steady if your pictures are coming out blurry and distorted, as this may be caused by moving the camera while snapping the picture.

Just my .02!

BRZ

OK ya all, thank you for the help. didn't mean to insult anybody you know, I love my BB, but no marriage is perfect. Courtlandre, thanks for that tip, I completely didn't think of it, or took it into account (to change quality to highest quality)

PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by shira
    OK ya all, thank you for the help. didn't mean to insult anybody you know, I love my BB, but no marriage is perfect. Courtlandre, thanks for that tip, I completely didn't think of it, or took it into account (to change quality to highest quality)
    Don't know about anyone else, but I was not insulted. We are all here to learn and help each other out with our questions regarding our BBs. I hope you did not take our responses as insulting or attacks. I know mine was absolutely not meant that way, just trying to be helpful and give my opinion.

BRZ

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

You didn't insult anyone. We all know that our Pearls are not picture taking devices. As stonebreze said, it's for spur of the moment times. If you accept it as that and enjoy all the great things the Pearl can do then I believe it's the ultimate device (at least for me).

PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    You didn't insult anyone. We all know that our Pearls are not picture taking devices. As stonebreze said, it's for spur of the moment times. If you accept it as that and enjoy all the great things the Pearl can do then I believe it's the ultimate device (at least for me).
    AMEN!

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

shira i did not feel insulted at all as well we are here to help and hope you got some answers

OK. thank you for the feedback, highly appreciated.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Thats what digital cameras are for. They don't want the camera to be perfect it is for quick shots. I have a sony cybershot (7.2 mp) great for pictures. I use the pearls camera when it is a quick shot or when I forgot the digital.

GP

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well I know the moto's are GREAT in low light...others, not so much. Most cheap CCDs/CMOS's (the ones in phones) are terrible with low light, but are decent in adequate light. Try some shots outside.

ricwms no está en línea Stack level 2

Someone suggested earlier to hold steady -- and also give it a few seconds before shooting to allow for the focus to lock in. Seems to work for me.

seopad no está en línea Stack level 1

Its ok for what it is. I didnt get for the camera feature and rarely use it anywho...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast