The night before last, my pearl decided that it would start a really annoying cycle ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2

Question camera going nuts ??

Advertisement

The night before last, my pearl decided that it would start a really annoying cycle of starting up the camera, taking a picture (flash included), saving the picture, closing the camera, and starting over, even when the screen was locked. the only way to keep it from doing this was to pull the battery. left the battery out overnight, put it in yesterday morning and the problem was still there. after about 5 or 6 battery pulls and threatening to take it back to alltel after school, it stopped and hasnt done it since... what couldve been the problem?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Did your Pearl get wet at all? It's also possible the button on the side got pushed in and the contact stuck somehow. Strange though.

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2
    It got wet about 3 or 4 months ago. It's worked fine before, and it works alright now, just went crazy on me yesterday.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Depending on how wet it got, it can cause the button contacts to corrode and act up. That might be what you're seeing. With any luck, it won't happen to you again.

Bilbert no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had similar problems recently, mine was much worse, no functionality of the phone at all, no buttons worked, not sure why this happened... but it seemed to be related to dirty/corroded contacts around/in the trackball area..... I took the trackball out... shot some compressed air in there... cleaned it out with some electrical contact cleaner and q-tips. Seems to be working now.

Hope that helps.