Well i have a black T-Mobile pearl and its a great phone. i got it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

04stx no está en línea Stack level 1

Calling T-Mobile For A New Pearl???

Advertisement

Well i have a black T-Mobile pearl and its a great phone. i got it slightly used from a friend and like a week after i got it dust from my jeans got in the screen. is there a way i can get a free phone from T-Mobile because i would love to get a new pearl. Any suggestions? Like what would i have to say to get a new one?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: Calling T-Mobile For A New Pearl???

well unless you have warranty coverage (which i doubt since you got it from a friend and warranties normally don't transfer from owner to owner)...hopefully one of the t-mo reps on this site will have something to help you but i'm pretty sure you're S.O.L. and just need to maybe get a screen replacement from cnn.cn or seidioonline

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I hate to say it but yeah magellan0547 is right. the only other thing you can do is this, I tried this once when i sold my phone to a friend, I said the phone had some sort of connection problem and even with full signal it would shut off completely in the middle of a call, something they can't fix locally, they would send me a new phone and i would send back the used one, of course my phone had only done that twice and wasn't a big issue and my friend was kewl with it, but I still wanted to get him a new phone if i could. and it worked, or you could also check out this site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxMmsrnwfU

if your are daring enough to take it apart and clean the dust yourself.
    Last edited by reddog187; 11-19-2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: linking to BBFAQ

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I just got a replacement this week.. My mic kept cutting out in mid convo.. They sent a new one, no charge

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by 04stx View Post
    Well i have a black T-Mobile pearl and its a great phone. i got it slightly used from a friend and like a week after i got it dust from my jeans got in the screen. is there a way i can get a free phone from T-Mobile because i would love to get a new pearl. Any suggestions? Like what would i have to say to get a new one?
    The only way I could see this working is if you use your friend's T-Mobile account from which you received the Pearl to exchange it for another one.

Otherwise, they will deny you since you aren't the original owner of the phone.

Kgenera no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im a csr with tmobile. The only way to get the phone replaced is to go through your friends account. We csrs can see whether your phone was first used by you for the very first time. Pearl is with full discount right for one fifty but we started this damn upgrade fee ish. Good luck. And lcd damage isn't covered under our one year warrenty program. Quite a prickely pear.

jam_3079 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E1A942

I've had 4 pearls just call and tell them you tried the operating system and you've done battery pulls but your phone shuts off and random and drops calls and say your thinking about goin to Verizon it will work

CindayMinus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I got my phone off craigslist and I had to go into TMobile to get it set up on my account and get bb internet and everything and I ended up having to call TMobile about a month later because the trackball was crapping out and they sent me a new one...
    The guy that hooked it up on my account was nice, so I thought he just set up a free warranty on the phone for me hahaha.