I've been told that rogers doesn't do this and the ability is not there, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lotacus no está en línea Stack level 1

calling Rogers CCR to CCR subj: Unlocking

Advertisement

I've been told that rogers doesn't do this and the ability is not there, I know that is mis-information and I am left trying to do it myself using v21, assuming that is where it's done. If you work for rogers, i would like a short coraspondence with you to discuss where in v21 it can be done.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually I can confirm that as of Q3 2006 Rogers/Fido no longer offers unlocking services at all. It is no considered a warranty voiding procedure and absolutely no person in the company is permitted to provide the service.

I know this because I manage the Technical Repair Centre for Rogers Retail in Western Canada (We service Fido phones but have access to Rogers portals as well.) Also, I recently had one manager let go because he was unlocking customers phones as a side business.

So, what I do for my personal use only is use http://cellunlocker.net

I hope this helps you.

lotacus no está en línea Stack level 1
    yea your right. I looked it up in KMT. they did offer it before they bought fido. but they removed the actual tool. *sigh*, i'll just make friends with the IT department, i'm sure it's still in a shared drive somewhere.