I don't know if anyone else have or has had this issue before, but i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pimpcup no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Calling Problem

Advertisement

I don't know if anyone else have or has had this issue before, but i have several numbers stored in my phone with different area codes and for some reason when i go thru my address book and select the person i want to call it starts to dial the number as if i'm making an international call by placing a 01 in front of the number. It happens mostly when i call a 407 area code which is in Florida and 912 area code which is in Georgia. I have to manually dial the number to override the problem. I have tried to fix this on my own but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    There shouldn't be any problem with the phone dialing a 1 first.

You SHOULD have your Country Code set in the Phone Options (Phone --> Options --> Smart Dialing). The Country Code for the US is +1.

If in your BlackBerry's area code you do not need to dial the area code within the same area code, you should have the BlackBerry's area code set in the Area Code field.

In NYC where I am (and my BB area code is an NYC area code), I have to leave that blank because I have to dial the area code for ALL calls regardless of whether or not the call is in the same area code.
    JerryD

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Good answer Jerry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~