Hi, Just got my new Blackberry Pearl (first one). My phone is not recognising the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

geeza no está en línea Stack level 1

Calling Number recognition

Advertisement

Hi,

Just got my new Blackberry Pearl (first one). My phone is not recognising the callers name. I have synchronised with Outlook for all my contacts. Most of my numbers are stored in the international format i.e. +44 79xxxxxxxx which was fine on my old phone as it was able to associate the number to the contact details.

Does anyone know how to fix this on the Pearl?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Calling Number recognition

try this- press the green phone button, click on the bb button( to the left of track ball) go to options, then smart dialling.. feed in the country code +44. should work. Lemme know.

mike213735 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Sorry, to but in, but you will need to change the National Number Length to 11 too.

Thanks
    Mike

geeza no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh Yes........Caried out both suggestions, and things seem to be working now

Thanx

lraissi no está en línea Stack level 1

hello, i've done the whole "smart dialing" length 11, country code +44 thing.. and still having problems finding out who is callng me... all i see when someone is calling me are numbers.. and i have to guess by the person's voice who they are.. truly very frustratiing.. is there any other way fixing this? vodafone sent a new phone to me 2 days ago.. still dosn't work.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by lraissi
    hello, i've done the whole "smart dialing" length 11, country code +44 thing.. and still having problems finding out who is callng me... all i see when someone is calling me are numbers.. and i have to guess by the person's voice who they are.. truly very frustratiing.. is there any other way fixing this? vodafone sent a new phone to me 2 days ago.. still dosn't work.
    I'm assuming these callers are in your addressbook.

What format are the numbers in the addressbook (brackets, spaces and all), and what is the format shown on an inbound call?

Let's start there and we'll proceed from that point.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.