Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I had a root around and couldn`t find a thread about this. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bwfcboy no está en línea Stack level 1

caller name doesn`t appear

Advertisement

Hi,
    I had a root around and couldn`t find a thread about this.
    I have a weird problem.

I put all my contacts into my address book by name and number but for some reason when someone rings who is in my address book I don`t always get the name of the person displayed, only the number so I don`t always know whos ringing.

It also always does this with text messages. It never gives the name of the person texting me.
    It can take me 5 minutes to figure out who`s texting me
    arrrrrrrggggggggh! its doing my nut!!! any help would be gratefully received. thx

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: caller name doesn`t appear

Do you have the same number twice in the address book. I had that problem and once I figured it out it was solved.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Do you have the full 10 digit number saved, or just the 7 digits? Did you set your area code on your BB (Phone \ Options \ Smart Logging) ?

I would delete one of the people you just received a text or phone call from out of Address Book, then from the text message or call phone hit menu and save them... then see if it works.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check on your security settings also. It you have content protection enabled on your address book then it will never show when they ring.

Hope helps.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~open up a received message and scroll to the number. Click the pearl or press the menu button and select show name. Hope that's it

Hi,
    Thanks for all the replies, if I respond individually!!!

1) numbers aren't in twice so that cant be it

2) numbers are saved with codes and starting with zero ie. 07123 456 789. My wifes name comes up when she rings me but when she texts I just get the number. SHould the numbers be 447123 456 789??

3) content protection is disabled and where it says include address book it says NO

4) if i go to the number within a message i dont get an option to show name. there is an option to add to address book but of course the name is already there

just to add to that, i added one of the numbers to the address book and deleted the original entry and that seems to work but it would take me hours to do this for every text message so im hoping theres a simple answer

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

now that you know it works from saving it, I would double check how THAT one is saved compared to the other entries. Perhaps there is some symbol or missing digit etc.

hmmm, they have a + sign then 44 but how do I get a + sign? its on the zero key but i cant get it up

HAHA sussed it! they need to be in that format +447. how weird!!! thanks to all

ps i got the + sign by holding the zero down for about 1 second
    Last edited by bwfcboy; 12-07-2007 at 07:54 PM.

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

bwfcboy - I have the same exact problem and it drives me nuts. However, it only happens every once in a while. Sometimes my wife's name appears along with the number, and sometimes just the number appears. Sometimes my brother's name appears along with the number, and sometimes the number just appears.
    When the number does not appear, and i don't answer the phone, i look at the call log and the name is there.
    I've tried about 10 times to get this fixed by going to a Tmobile store and calling customer support. They tell me to do a "hard reset" and take the battery out (such BS...thats all they know how to do). They once tried to tell me that I have "too many names in my address book," which is a load of BS also.
    I've also gotten a new pearl and I still have the same problem. It really drives me nuts...

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

glad you figured it out, and let us know what you did

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

FYI - I am in the US and i have tried both having a "1" in front the 10 digit number (for instance, 1-917-555-5555) and not having the "1" in front of the number (917-555-5555).....In each case the person's name appeared.
    As far as my phone goes, sometimes the name appears, and sometimes it does not. Like i said in my previous post, it drive me absolutely nuts and if I could exchange my phone for a Curve, I would definitely do it. I love the pearl, but i don't understand why a name that is saved in my address book, does not appear with the number....and why it only happens occasionally.

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc

Caller-ID will only work when you have the number in your phone book as a 10 digit #. I have this problem because my identity is restricted on my outgoing calls. OS for those that i do want to know its me when i call them i must put *82 in front of their number before calling. However in my address book i would have to put the # in 2 times. For examp;e:

Jane Doe
    Mobile: *829175555555
    Other: 9175555555

SO when i want to call i would use the mobile #, if she calls me it will show her name becasue her number is saved in both formats. If i was to text her, i would use the "other" format.
    PIN: 30b44bcc

Dustin_D no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't mean to hi-jack, but is this an issue on all Pearls? Because I am getting a new 8130 for Christmas, and if it doesn't show who is calling or texting me I will just get a different phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast