Why is it that sometimes the Caller ID is displayed and sometimes it is not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bri67 no está en línea Stack level 1

Caller ID on Pearl

Advertisement

Why is it that sometimes the Caller ID is displayed and sometimes it is not - even on txt messages - it seems that some of the contacts in my address book will show the name when I recieve a call/txt and some just display the number ....

please can someone tell me what I have done wrong when entering details into the address book or is it another problem?

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Id seen this problem before with the 8830, i cant remember how it is fixed, but it 1 problem was the fact that the phone was locked, .
    or people were setting the options in there phones to either show name,name and number , or just number.

bri67 no está en línea Stack level 1
    cheers Natcho...but it does not seem to happen that way....some calls/txt display the name ....some calls/txts display just the number ...I put the numbers into the address book in exactly the same way each time....wierd...

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bri67 View Post
    cheers Natcho...but it does not seem to happen that way....some calls/txt display the name ....some calls/txts display just the number ...I put the numbers into the address book in exactly the same way each time....wierd...
    Make sure you have entered your county code and the national number length in the smart dialing (phone options)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    or what you can do and see if it makes a different, is to ADD to the ADDRESS book from the txt msg that comes in.
    IE. delete your friends number when you guys are texting and then when he send you a new msg, save the number from the msg.
    ive seen that work .