Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All, I have recently started using a Pearl and have sync'd with my outlook ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

brentford77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Caller ID Does not show name from address book

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have recently started using a Pearl and have sync'd with my outlook address book. When I have an incoming call, I am shown the number but it does not convert this into a name where the caller is listed in contacts. Any idear why and is there anything I can do about it?

Thx!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    welcome to pinstack.

is this happening with everyone that calls you or a select few?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think it means that you don't have all the numbers (all 10 and the 1 if you're in the US). In Outlook there's a little pen to the right of the place where you enter the number. If you click it mine says US phone number and it adds a +1 to the 10 digits. The called ID shows up. Try it.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

leejackson no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also have this problem currently. But sync with Lotus Notes.

+44 (england) numbers come up as numbers, but manually entered numbers, commonly beginning with 07 (england) come up with the called id name.

Help?

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine works well in the US as long as I also include the area code in the contacts.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    I also think you just might have to add "1" or an area code to your number, and it should work...

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by leejackson
    I also have this problem currently. But sync with Lotus Notes.

+44 (england) numbers come up as numbers, but manually entered numbers, commonly beginning with 07 (england) come up with the called id name.

Help?
    I've got the same issue with UK numbers and it's a pain.... is there something in part of the set up for the Pearl where you input your "home" country and/or region? I came across it somewhere but can't remember where and haven't had time to follow it up. Might make a difference.....

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    I've got the same issue with UK numbers and it's a pain.... is there something in part of the set up for the Pearl where you input your "home" country and/or region? I came across it somewhere but can't remember where and haven't had time to follow it up. Might make a difference.....
    to get to that, go into your phone call log, click the wheel to bring up the menu. then go to options>smart dialing and youll see the option there.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was mistaken above. Something is strange as I was just called by a friend and only the number showed but when I went into the call log her name was also there.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I went into mine and changed the area to code to reflect my area code as well as having the +1 in country code...I then went into each contact that I had and made sure that the 1 plus the area code were saved on each contact--tested it and the contact name plus the phone number show up on my caller id

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Make sure you don't have "Content Protection" turned on in your security issues.

Go Options/Security/General and make sure it is off.

If you had it on and turn it off, then save your changes and try it.

You MAY need to reboot your device once you have changed this option because sometimes it won't take effect until rebooted. That's not always the case, but sometimes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Make sure you don't have "Content Protection" turned on in your security issues.

Go Options/Security/General and make sure it is off.

If you had it on and turn it off, then save your changes and try it.

You MAY need to reboot your device once you have changed this option because sometimes it won't take effect until rebooted. That's not always the case, but sometimes it is.
    Thanks N8, will give it a try

hootie311 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF9D15
    yeh i totally agree

Worked nicely and gets a grumpy wife off my case about it too - many thanks

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a question. I do get the number when caller id comes up. it rings 2-5 times or just times out (caller went to vm) but the call log itself displays only the number. If I go into the call log it displays the name..... I have tmobile, parl running 64 and the latest dtm. Any ideas? content protection is on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast