I just got a call from caller ID "3248". It was Fedex. How the heck ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Caller ID

Advertisement

I just got a call from caller ID "3248". It was Fedex. How the heck do they do that?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Caller ID

dunno I had one from 111-111-1111
    go figure?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Elf magic.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i mean i wish i could make my caller ID come up as like 666 or something freaky like that... now I could see the funky caller ID if like NSA was calling me, but FEDEX....or are they checking all our boxes as well as phone calls now...

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

The way that PBX systems work they generate the caller ID information internally and pass it out to the telco. Normally, it looks just as you'd expect it to look (a seven or ten digit number), but the system can be configured to send out any number of digits at all.

When we first switched systems at work, I was on the "test" server, and it was only sending out our 5 digit extensions for a while.
    David

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~PBX systems can put anything they want for the phone number and name on outgoing calls. Large companies (mine included) sometimes put just the company name and the main phone #. Telemarketers..er police and fire fundraisers...often put "unknown name" and "unknown number" on their calls.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Is there anyway that us lowly consumers can make our numbers look different also?
    Probably not! Oh well

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Actually, you can edit your phone number in >options>advanced options>simcard. However, it still shows up as your real number on caller screens. The only place it shows "666" or whatever is on your screen. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

I see, I see. Well considering it still shows up on everyone else's screen correctly I don't know if there is much of a point to changing it on your own screen? Anyone think of any clever reasons?

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    How about just because you can? And give yourself a giggle in the process. Doesn't need to be a reason for everything, ya know.

PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    How about just because you can? And give yourself a giggle in the process. Doesn't need to be a reason for everything, ya know.
    Hmmmm sounds like a logic debate here!!! Wouldn't the reason be to make myself giggle or just because I want to exercise the option? Anyway if I ever need a good giggle I'll change the number to something fun I guess.