In my message folder, where all my texts message, incoming and outgoing are shown, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

calistud07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Call Logs in Message Folder

Advertisement

In my message folder, where all my texts message, incoming and outgoing are shown, but for some reason it is also logging missed calls, placed calls and recieved calls. Can anyone let me know how to get rid of that, so that it only shows text messages?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Call Logs in Message Folder

Calistud07, open your phone application, click to Options/Call Logging and select None and that should take care of the problem for you.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

ljbyar is right. just play with your options in the call logging section of the phone options.

Babusg33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20940b1d

hey, at least ur pearl isnt automatically deleting call log and text messges... if anyone knows anything about this ? already did a reboot of my os system and problem still exists.

Kyosti no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

Question Re: Call Logs in Message Folder

I just joined this site and this is exactly the problem that I am having!! My calls and my text messages are not logged at all and I dont know how to fix it!!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Babusg33
    hey, at least ur pearl isnt automatically deleting call log and text messges... if anyone knows anything about this ? already did a reboot of my os system and problem still exists.
    Babusg33, this may be a memory issue. I would start by doing a battery pull to free up some memory (take out battery with BB on, wait at least 30 seconds then reinsert the battery). Then go in and delete programs that you really don't use. You can also go in to Options/Advanced/Applications and delete items such as langauages that you don't use and that should free up some memory and halt your problem.

PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

I will try the battery pull next. This should fix the text messages too, right?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosti
    I will try the battery pull next. This should fix the text messages too, right?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That should work for a while, but you may also want to try some of the other options below.

Babusg33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20940b1d

yeah i did the battery pull and deleting the unused things. and did it again, might just have to have tmobile send a new one out.

PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

There is a couple of threads on this topic around. This is what I did based on some info found on another thread:

I deleted the OZ messenger this morning and my phone (I think) reflashed my firmware. I deleted a couple of larger ring tones that I was not using and pulled my battery for 30 seconds.

After all that it has been working perfectly, the call logs are there even for calls that I made or received yesterday. I currently have 8587908 bytes free which is about 1.02 mb. I am gonna see if I can free some more stuff up but it does not seem that I have to right now.
    Last edited by Kyosti; 01-30-2007 at 02:56 PM.