Hello all, I have had my pearl for a couple weeks and I love it. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zioxid no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Call Log Shows nothing?

Advertisement

Hello all,

I have had my pearl for a couple weeks and I love it. I have learned alot lurking around here and this is the first problem I have experienced...

When I goto my Call Log, it doesn't show anything. It just says 'My Number' up top and says "Type a name or number to make a call." This used to work at one point in time and I'm not sure if its something I did to break it, or the OS freaked out. Note: I have not updated to the newest release OS yet...

This is irritating, as a old friend just called and I need to save his number... but I can't even pull up what it was...

Has anyone experienced something similar? Or maybe I am just overlooking something really simple...

Thanks,
    z

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Call Log Shows nothing?

When you're in Call Log, check:

Options > Phone Options > General Option > Phone List View = Call Log

Thanks for the reply Eagle,

My settings are exactly like you said, also my Call Logging is set to 'All Calls'...

I have been looking around for more options, but I got nothin'.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i experience this with the Zen theme on my 7100g. after un-installing the theme, my call log mysteriously came back...everytime i'd make a call, it would appear, then seconds later, the number would be gone. it never would save the logs, either incoming or outgoing. have you installed or change to a different theme lately?

I did install the Zen theme and then I uninstalled... It ran so slow!!

PIN/ID
    ATA

do a battery pull. if that doesn't work...then I'm stumped!

Tried the battery pull too, nothin. But what is strange, this is the second time it has happened... and I fixed it last time by doing the battery pull. How weird is that?

PIN/ID
    ATA

*bump*

assuming you are still having the issue zioxid?

Well I did a couple more battery pulls and it started to save logs again. However they were deleted mid-day today.. strange. I am going to upgrade the OS tonight and see how that works out. I appreciate the help.

willknapp no está en línea Stack level 1

No log or text messages, either

I had the same problem with the call log. In addition, I wasn't receiving text messages (according to my friends, anyway, who were either angered or worried by my lack of the immediate response I usually furnish). I snooped around the phone to see if I could change some option, and I went into Status under the Options menu, and it read (among other things):

File Free: 0 Bytes
    File Total: 65142784 Bytes

I then deleted a bunch of pictures, and all my old text and e-mail messages I had saved on the device, and the "File Free" size was increased slightly (maybe to 500Kb), and the calls started to be logged again, and I started to receive text messages again as well (though not the ones that had been sent earlier...)

Then, less than a week later, the problem returned and again, my "File Free" size was back to 0. I took no new pictures over that time, and deleted every text and email message that was sent to me, so I don't know what happened to the free space (not that 500Kb is a massive amount of space).

Oh, and all my internet history had been lost as well.

I've searched through all the manuals and the BB website for information on "File Free" space and "Status Options" and found nothing, nor have I found a way to "explore" my device and see what files/programs are on it taking up memory, other than media. It seems to me that it is a memory problem, and that the BB automatically jetisons call logs and internet cache when a certain threshold is reached - but how can you monitor that threshold? I agree that losing your call log is a pain, especially when your friends and associates call you from numbers that aren't already in your address book...

That's my two cents - hope it sparks some kind of brilliant discovery...

thanks!!

davidm00 no está en línea Stack level 1

Options

I also had my call log just disappear in the same way described above a couple weeks ago.

I got it back by hitting the Call Button (Green Phone button) to bring you where your Call Log should be, hitting the Menu Button, choosing Options, General Options, selecting "Call Log" in the "Phone List View" option menu.

That fixed it. Not sure why the option changed on it's own.

Hope that helps.

kotis no está en línea Stack level 1

Did anyone discovery a fix? I am having the same issue?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

It might be that u're running low on memory. Try freeing some of the space. Maybe delete a few appls/games u dont need. See if that helps

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

The Pearl has a memory leak problem. You need to do a battery pull often. Also delete un-needed language packs, sample video, sample pics, etc..

This is a pretty good work around until the memory leak problem is fixed.