Ive lost around 3 mgbt of memory I cant seem to get back even with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Call Log Memeory Usage High?

Advertisement

Ive lost around 3 mgbt of memory I cant seem to get back even with cache clearing and battery pulls. Ive had my 8130 over a month now. Does the call log use up memory? How can you manually clear it? Havent found that way yet. I
    I've gone thru memory saving suggestions from other threads, so Im looking at the call log.
    Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Go to Messages>Menu>View Folder>Call Logs>menu>delete prior.

There's also a missed call folder there you can clear out.......but I wouldn't think this accounts for 3 MB of memory....I could be wrong though

Also, do you clear out your event log???? alt lglg, menu> clear log> delete
    Last edited by azstar; 03-10-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added event log info
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Forgot about the events log Knew there was seomething I was forgetting,but it only saved a few kb. Im around 13-14 mgb. Was around 16mgb. Canr figure how to get rid of Yahoo messenger, google messenger, however they look like shortcuts to web pages not apps installed.
    Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yeah, they are just shortcuts, I have not figured a way to remove them...but I think they take up very little space...I just hide them........

Do you use BB maps, have you cleared the cache there lately???? Just trying to think of something.....so you have not added new apps but you're just gettin 2-3 MB less free memory than you used too???
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I use and need bbmaps to initialize the gps, so yes i do. I added one new app, but is only 200kb, so that wasnt it. I remvoed it anyway and it did only clear 200 kb.
    there really does seem to be a large difference in memory usage between like units. Wonder if its carrier realated. I noticed too coming out of standby has been dodgy, with thunit not wanting to show thescreen when pressing the stnaby button to "unsleep" the unit. This was quite robust before, and even though it refuses to come out of standby, event notifications contiune. Go Figure. ITs the "vapors" again.