Its happend to me a couple of times already, somehow my call logs completely erase. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AJ Muni no está en línea Stack level 2

Call Log keeps resetting..

Advertisement

Its happend to me a couple of times already, somehow my call logs completely erase. Its been doing it a lot more often lately, like right now I just had one call in there, and it just erased again. Whats going on??!!!!

kliver no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E266BB

Re: Call Log keeps resetting..

Yesterday it happend to me to. First time. I have my pearl like two months. Still looking for a reason...

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

You both are experiencing the Pearl OS' memory leak.
    Check your free file memory: Options... Status...
    Then, pull your battery for 30 seconds, reinstall (essentially a reboot) and check your free memory again. Post back your results back.
    HTH.

va7777 no está en línea Stack level 1

It happened to me once.. but after I did a battery pull, it is working fine.

kliver no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E266BB

From status:
    20006108 Bytes
    But it is after reset. Before I didn't check. After reset my phone log is empty as it was before.
    If I add memory card, will it help? I lost my log this time and I don't want to again.

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kliver
    From status:
    20006108 Bytes
    But it is after reset. Before I didn't check. After reset my phone log is empty as it was before.
    If I add memory card, will it help? I lost my log this time and I don't want to again.
    1) 20MB after reset is pretty good if you haven't done any component deletions. It's plenty to keep your logs intact, but you should check it regularly and reset when it gets low. And it will get low again since the OS has memory leaks.
    2) Adding a memory card will only help insomuch as it will let you move pics, vids and tones to it, which can free up additional device memory. Emails and logs aren't stored to the card.

You can also increase device memory by getting rid of components you don't need. Some easy ones are unneeded languages and the sample vid, which can be removed via the Desktop Manager.

HTH

Traknologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F916AF

I just had the same issue with the 8800. I knew I read about it here so of course I had to do a battery pull because alt L+G, L+G didn't help.