Hey all, I went to look for a number from last Friday but noticed it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SenorJefe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF9581

Call log deleting, please advise

Advertisement

Hey all, I went to look for a number from last Friday but noticed it wasn't there. I've thoroughly read reddog's "How To: Stop Dissappearing Call Logs" but have had no luck. No other messaging issue plague me at the moment. My internal memory has at least 20mb left. I;ve tried everything reddog has suggested but with no luck. My call log used to go on for weeks, but right now only goes back to the beginning of the week. Am I missing something? I heard someone mention call log and call history like they're two different things, is that what I'm missing?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

in other news: I've been reading every postin this forum for weeks now. I've learned more from your guys than all other help combined. Thanks for that.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Call log deleting, please advise

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if that doesn't work you might try a warr exch or if your carrier is cing/att there is a patch on their website under business care.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by SenorJefe
    Hey all, I went to look for a number from last Friday but noticed it wasn't there. I've thoroughly read reddog's "How To: Stop Dissappearing Call Logs" but have had no luck. No other messaging issue plague me at the moment. My internal memory has at least 20mb left. I;ve tried everything reddog has suggested but with no luck. My call log used to go on for weeks, but right now only goes back to the beginning of the week. Am I missing something? I heard someone mention call log and call history like they're two different things, is that what I'm missing?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

in other news: I've been reading every postin this forum for weeks now. I've learned more from your guys than all other help combined. Thanks for that.
    Senorjefe, I'm not sure what you're getting at. When was the last time you noticed your call log getting deleted? Did the deletion happen at the beginning of the week? To clarify Call Log and Call History are the same thing.

let me know what's up
    ~red

PIN/ID
    23FF9581

You know, I just noticed yesterday while trying to reference an old number from one week ago. I am aware that numbers combine when more than one call is made. When I press the green phone/call button and I get my list of calls, I used to noticed that I could scroll down for days and days - pretty much since the beginning of my phone's 3-week existence.

NEW NOTE: It seems like the list only goes back 20 calls only. When I make a new call (if the 20th number can't combine), the last one will just drop off the list and disappear.

Hope that clarifies.
    Thanks

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

If you look at Phone >> Options >> General Options, check out the field for "Phone List View"
    Your options for that field are:
    Most Recent
    Most Used
    Name
    Call Log

Sounds to me like you were set to 'Call Log' previously, and now maybe set to 'Most Recent' or 'Most Used'

Either of these will list the 30 recently dialed #'s or Most used.

Check the setting and change to 'Call Log' to see if you get them back.

You can also go into your message list, and click Alt-P which should sort all Phone Call Logs.

(Dont recall off hand if Alt-P is the standard on the Suretype, Maybe Alt-O)

PIN/ID
    23FF9581

^What you're saying makes sense. I wish it weren't on 'Call Log', but it was when I just checked it. As far as I've ever checked it's been on 'Call Log' all along

I am having an issue with Alt-P or Alt-O ... come to think of it, I've not had much luck w/ BB keyboard shortcuts. So am I holding Alt and then O/P (which btw is on the same key for me). All that is doing is bringing up a capital "P" as if I'm searching in my address book.

Hmmm...

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Try alt O/P while you are in your messages folder that brings forth the phone log from a long time back.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23FF9581

Ahhh! I appreciate it Kayos. In Messages! Not in the 'Call Log'. I sure am slow

Thanks all. I'd be in BB Hell without you.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

No prob. Glad your good
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Sorry, forgot to mention to be in Messages when doing the ALT O/P. :-)