Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Yea just update you OS. Or downgrade. .73 or 1.94 is your ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Call issue

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yea just update you OS. Or downgrade. .73 or 1.94 is your best bets. Although I think someone is having the same issue with 1.94 though. Best of luck.

Paulbob58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311A1AE6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the advice. I wish the was a way to do an OTA download but oh well. Thanks again!

sgtcasey no está en línea Stack level 1

Something else to think about for the original poster is that the SIM card itself might be going bad. I've seen a lot of problems clear up with a new SIM card. Things like one-way audio, outgoing and incoming calls failing intermittantly, etc.

The best way to test this out is to simply swap your SIM card into another known good T-Mobile handset. If the problem goes away then that would seem to indicate the SIM is good. If the problem was still around *and* the problem happens everywhere (at least 7 miles away from where the issues happen) then you might need a new SIM.

Dave

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by sgtcasey
    Something else to think about for the original poster is that the SIM card itself might be going bad. I've seen a lot of problems clear up with a new SIM card. Things like one-way audio, outgoing and incoming calls failing intermittantly, etc.

The best way to test this out is to simply swap your SIM card into another known good T-Mobile handset. If the problem goes away then that would seem to indicate the SIM is good. If the problem was still around *and* the problem happens everywhere (at least 7 miles away from where the issues happen) then you might need a new SIM.

Dave
    As A PDA Tech I can tell you that yes the SIM can cause this issue BUT. with both the 1.66 and the 1.94 the loss of calls is a known issue I have Color Pearl and Opera. 1.66 will click when the call is lost. 1.94 will just go dead. I am currently on 0.73 woth Cingular and no issues yet. As many people reported this problem I would say it is not a Phone or a SIM issue.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

ki
    ki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f76c42

I have the same problem with my Pearl but it's only when I dial 611 for T-mobile so it dosent bother me to much but when i asked them about it i was told that they are doing alot of upgrading to there system right now and if its still doing it at the end of the month to let them know I know this dont help any but I've complaned about it and if enough people do they fix what evers going on if its there network.

sgtcasey no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck
    As A PDA Tech I can tell you that yes the SIM can cause this issue BUT. with both the 1.66 and the 1.94 the loss of calls is a known issue I have Color Pearl and Opera. 1.66 will click when the call is lost. 1.94 will just go dead. I am currently on 0.73 woth Cingular and no issues yet. As many people reported this problem I would say it is not a Phone or a SIM issue.
    Yeah, I figured the issue might be with the OS so I was just throwing out the SIM idea as something to keep in mind if going back to the original OS didn't solve the issue.

I'm in 291 right now... haven't decided if I want to move over to 398 yet.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12