Hey everyone. I'm at the end of my rope with this problem- hopefully you guys ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gtg190y no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Call Failed with Full Signal

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I'm at the end of my rope with this problem- hopefully you guys can help.

Here's the recap:

I have had a Pearl on BIS with Cingular since January. On Monday, April 2, I came home and my data signal dropped sometime during the evening (signal read only "GSM"). Even with the voice signal, when I try to make a call I receive a "Call Failed" error message and tone. The problem has persisted since Monday and is still unsolved. Below is a recap of all troubleshooting done so far:

-Battery Pull (about 10 times)
    -Re-register with Host Routing Table
    -Resent Service Books
    -Device Wipe
    -Reloaded firmware
    -New SIM
    -New Pearl
    -Tried all combinations of old/new SIM with old/new Pearl with Cingular changing the PIN and IMEI in their network with every try (and me changing the info on my BB login page as well).

The problem appears to be localized around my home in metro Atlanta, with no service in about a 5 mile radius around my house. I will get full service in my home maybe twice a day for about 2 minutes each, then I just get the "GSM" signal and am unable to make or receive calls. Service has been GREAT here before April 2. Full EDGE signal and complete functionality will return once I am able to get completely away from the area. It took about 6 calls to Cingular for them to tell me that they we working on towers in my area Tuesday through Thursday, and now have said they will send someone out to check out the towers (I doubt it).

Also, other non-Blackberry phones in my home have no data coverage, but are still able to place voice calls even without the data coverage. I have no idea why I am unable to make voice calls when the data service drops. Any ideas? Anyone ever experienced something like this before?

Thanks for your help!

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Call Failed with Full Signal

There was similar problem in past generation of Ericsson phones (T39, T68, T68i) : you have phone sitting in front of you and showing full signal and then when you call to this phone provider says that it is off or out of service area.. problem was due to transmitter which had tendency to die...
    But since you replaced your BB and have the same symptoms together with other BB users in your area more likely it is provider's problem..
    Last edited by lineus; 04-07-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

It's a network issue. Keep calling back to check on the status. T-Mobile actually went through and did look at mine, but they never tell you the status - they just update the ticket.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

gtg190y, any better?

gtg190y no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everyone. Thanks for your help!

I've been hounding Cingular on this since the outage started on Monday, April 2. I recieved an email about my service ticket this morning stating that the problem had been resolved.

Everything appears to be working--- for the moment at least!

Thanks again.