hi, im new to the forum and i am hoping i can get your help ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

catgo no está en línea Stack level 1

Call Failed different SIM- Blackberry Pearl

Advertisement

hi, im new to the forum and i am hoping i can get your help on an issue with my new 8801. I recently bought the phone and have been using it with no problems with T Mobile, a few days ago I called T Mobile and was able to obtain the unlock code from them since I travel quite a bit and have several SIM cards from different providers in different countries. Today I arrived in one of my destinations and inserted the sim from the provider and I can't get the phone to work, everytime I dial i get a call failed message. However the phone registers the service provider, the name of the provider appears in the screen, and I do get a strong signal, however I can't make or recieve calls from the phone, I switched back to the tmobile sim whileroaming and the phone works fine. I was wondering if someone has any input or suggestions on how to get this fixed, possiby any setting in the phone I can change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: Call Failed different SIM- Blackberry Pearl

Hello catgo and welcome to Pinstack. What colour is the bothersome SIM card and which provider?

catgo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Call Failed different SIM- Blackberry Pearl

Hello, thanks for answering, the sim card is white, its from a service provider in Honduras named TIGO, the use the 850 Mhz band, conincidentally, i just tried the prone with a friends sim which is a different service provider, and the phone worked instantly, apperently this provider uses de 1900 Mhz band, it is a red sim card i do not know what the problem is, i don't want to use the phone for a data connection since the providers in most of latin america do not support blackberrys, i just want to use the phone to make calls while im traveling. Thanks again for your reply.