Hi, I just bought my pearl 8100 last week and I been having problems with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dannycano no está en línea Stack level 1

Call Failed

Hi, I just bought my pearl 8100 last week and I been having problems with it, I get this message "call failed" almost everyday I cant make nor receive phone call. my service provider is T-mobile and i been to almost every trouble shooting they have have, from reaseting the signal battery off for a few minutes to re-loading the software into the phone.
    I saw in one of the threads that this problem stops if I get the data service. is this true? so far i only have the phone serive, my fav 5, unlimited text,multimidia messages.
    what can I do?did anyone else had this problem and were able to fix it?
    should i return the phone for a new pearl, or get a different phone?

thank you for your answers

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Call Failed

hi welcome to the community , well i have a pearl also with vodafone data plan in portugal and i get the same error every so often , i just believe it is that your pearl hits a coverage blackspot on the network , there are many of these blackspots even in major citys , i dont think it is a problem with your phone , but if it is i think it maybe the antenna on your phone is not picking up a strong enough signal , so maybe a new pearl will fix this .

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3

What area are you in, Danny? I am in Atlanta and I hit black spots pretty regularly, but they are now predictible so I can tell someone when I am about to drop them...

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3

it just happen to me in NY i think it's a major Problem

GabeBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Call Failed

Did it say "emergency only" sometimes? I had a bunch of call failed happening with my Tmobile phone - not BB yet that time. Then once asked my buddy to let me use his phone - guess what - at the same spot his Tmobile phone was able to make a call. We swapped SIM cards and the "call failed " scenario went to his phone with the SIM! I called customer service, explained what happened. I also told them about another occasion, when I was standing in front of a cell phone tower and I got call failed all the times. They fixed my SIM over the air. I did not get an exact explanation, but I think Tmobile maintains a database where they have or have not coverage. When they think they have coverage they disable roaming. Since that I'm fine.

btisko no está en línea Stack level 1

I get this all the time actually here in NY ~via BB (

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5

strange, I work in NYC and have never experienced it.

it wouldn't hurt to trade it in for a new one and see if problem persists.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Dannycano, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles