Ok so I am a former Treo user, yes former now a proud owner of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question Calendar Question

Advertisement

Ok so I am a former Treo user, yes former now a proud owner of a BB. I do miss my desktop from Palm where I could view my calendar data on my pc and add or delete info from the desktop. Are there any options like this for BB? Please keep in mind I am very new to all of this so take ten deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth before answering. Thanks

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    are you familiar with using outlook?

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Well.......I did download it to try and transfer my calnedar from my palm to my BB but that didn't work. The stupid switch device wizard didn't work.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    Well.......I did download it to try and transfer my calnedar from my palm to my BB but that didn't work. The stupid switch device wizard didn't work.
    what went wrong?

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    It would never give me the option to select my device. Like I let it work for 15 minutes literally and nothing. The second window would open but not completly to where I could select an option. So I can sync with outlook on a regular basis if I want? I really wish BB had desktop calendar to work off of.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a google (gmail) account that contains a calendar (for the PC). It syncs automatically every few minutes with the calendar on your BB.

I love it!
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i am not familiar with the using a non bb during the transfer wizard. there has to be a way though

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I was thinking about the gmail calendar but you need the internet all the time to view it don't you? I would like to have something I can view offline.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You can sync your Blackberry Calendar, Memopad, Tasks, and Contacts with the equivalent feature of Outlook any time you connect to your PC. You set the options for this in the BB Desktop Manager, Synchronization option. Works extremely well.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    You can sync your Blackberry Calendar, Memopad, Tasks, and Contacts with the equivalent feature of Outlook any time you connect to your PC. You set the options for this in the BB Desktop Manager, Synchronization option. Works extremely well.

yea but he doesnt have them on his bb yet. they are on his windows mobile phone. and the device transfer wizard failed and wouldnt transfer the data to his blackberry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    yea but he doesnt have them on his bb yet. they are on his windows mobile phone. and the device transfer wizard failed and wouldnt transfer the data to his blackberry
    I understood that, but that wasn't what I was responding to. My response was directed to one of his follow on questions.

So I can sync with outlook on a regular basis if I want?
    And I believe that he can sync the old phone to Outlook then sync to the BB.
    But thanks anyway.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    what would he use to sync the old phone with outlook first?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    It would never give me the option to select my device. Like I let it work for 15 minutes literally and nothing. The second window would open but not completly to where I could select an option. So I can sync with outlook on a regular basis if I want? I really wish BB had desktop calendar to work off of.
    What version of desktop manager (DM) are you using? Version 4.3 will allow switching from a Palm. Is that the one you are using?

Also, did you try to do an export into a .csv file first and import that way? If you can do that you can get the info into Outlook and then sync via DM to the BB. I haven't used the Palm software for quite a while so I cannot point you directly to how to do it and I don't remember if there is a sync feature with Outlook.

You can sync your BB with Outlook as often as you like via the desktop manager whenever the BB is connected to the PC.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    What version of desktop manager (DM) are you using? Version 4.3 will allow switching from a Palm. Is that the one you are using?

I was under the assumption he was using 4.3 because he said he started the device transfer wizard with his palm but it failed.