hey guys! i was using my blackberry pearl and i noticed i got a burn-in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

daeq no está en línea Stack level 1

BURN-IN EFFECT! help!!

Advertisement

hey guys! i was using my blackberry pearl and i noticed i got a burn-in effect. 2 faded blue circles appeared on my screen and i have no idea to fix it! did anyone else encounter this problem and fixed it? if so, please tell me how you did it!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Re: BURN-IN EFFECT! help!!

Quote Originally Posted by daeq
    hey guys! i was using my blackberry pearl and i noticed i got a burn-in effect. 2 faded blue circles appeared on my screen and i have no idea to fix it! did anyone else encounter this problem and fixed it? if so, please tell me how you did it!
    EEEK! I haven't heard of this going on at all. I would go get a replacement immediately if this was the case. Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth. Best of luck to you!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

this is a 1st for me. Never knew the screen could burn in like that. How long have you had it? What are your backlight timeouts etc set to?

fbriceno97 Guest

Go and get a replacement

fjbm

awww man my backlight timeouts is 30 seconds. and how can i get a replacement? just call t-mobile? will they actually replace it for me?
    am i allowed to replace the phone to like an 8800 if it comes out for t-mobile? THIS SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKS

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The *burn* image alone will be enough to replace. But I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll exchange for an 8800. How long have you had it?

i've had this phone for about... 4 months?
    will t-mobile replace it for me?

im also having a dilemma if i should either get white or black (if they allow), any suggestions? they both look awesome!
    black > professional
    white > majestic
    i need help!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by daeq
    i've had this phone for about... 4 months?
    will t-mobile replace it for me?

im also having a dilemma if i should either get white or black (if they allow), any suggestions? they both look awesome!
    black > professional
    white > majestic
    i need help!
    If you had black you can only get black for the relacment. I remember stacy asked for a white one for the exchange and t mo said no, someone else also asked for white when they had a black pearl and of course t mo said no. You could try and see if they will let you.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well. I've seen the white one and its pretty sharp lookin. Idk. I put a case over it to protect it.

Yes you should have no issues with tmo. Keep us posted. You are THE first person who has reported this *burned in effect*

alright guys! thanks a lot! you are the best im going to call t-mobile right now and i will post how it went.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

As far as i knew TFT LCD could not burn. It's tube type screens that burn. I'm no expert though. There's obviously some kind of problem with your BB, get TMO to replace it. And a TelCo will do ANYTHING within reason for a customer if you talk to the right person and say the right things (ie "cancel my account"). If you want to change the colour, or get a 8800, i'm sure there's a way to get it done.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

alright! i got a replacement. only black no decision making there. lol thanks guys for all your help and hopefully this wont happen to you guys :P have a nice day

hey guys this might be a noobie question but where can i get the blackberry desktop manager?
    Last edited by daeq; 04-21-2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx
    As far as i knew TFT LCD could not burn. It's tube type screens that burn. I'm no expert though. There's obviously some kind of problem with your BB, get TMO to replace it. And a TelCo will do ANYTHING within reason for a customer if you talk to the right person and say the right things (ie "cancel my account&quot. If you want to change the colour, or get a 8800, i'm sure there's a way to get it done.
    Dtx, you are correct about lcd not being succeptable to "burn in". Only CRT and plasma screens are affected by prolonged display of static images. However, lcd has been known to mimic the "burn in". The most common name for this is "lcd memory". Unlike the "burn in" with CRT and plasma, though, "lcd memory' is reversable. There are many programs for use on just about anything with lcd technology. All they do is out the screen through a series of test patterns (essentially putting the screen through its paces). I'm not sure if there's one for cell phones or not, seeing as how it takes a constant display of a static image for a very long time. (like months)I'm pretty sure this was not the case for the OP. It's probably a good thing you got it replaced anyway.