Got a red Pearl 6-17 and the handset speaker went out. I can still use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

bummer! handset speaker out on red Pearl

Advertisement

Got a red Pearl 6-17 and the handset speaker went out. I can still use my BT headset or speaker phone mode until tomorrow. Called local AT&T store, it will be replaced.
    My question is will a backup of this phone restore to a new phone? Am I screwed? LOL. Anyone else have this problem?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: bummer! handset speaker out on red Pearl

did you try a battery pull? that usually solves your problem
    But yes you can restore to another phone

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT
    Got a red Pearl 6-17 and the handset speaker went out. I can still use my BT headset or speaker phone mode until tomorrow. Called local AT&T store, it will be replaced.
    My question is will a backup of this phone restore to a new phone? Am I screwed? LOL. Anyone else have this problem?
    The guy at the AT&T store near me said it was happening on lots of Pearls. Even 3 people at the store that owned one. He said it was all the Cingular branded ones that were giving problems and the newer AT&T branded ones were ok. Just do a backup and take it back for warranty replacement.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hmm. I have the AT&T branded one. Upgraded the OS to .96 so ya might let your guy know that. I did try the batt pull. At least I know I can restore! Thanks for the info.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I don't think the OS upgrade had anything to do with it. The issues seem to be more hardware related. Did you use a wired headset at some point? A lot of users with the issue seem to have triggered it initially with a wired headset. But yeah, a warranty swap wil cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    I don't think the OS upgrade had anything to do with it. The issues seem to be more hardware related. Did you use a wired headset at some point? A lot of users with the issue seem to have triggered it initially with a wired headset. But yeah, a warranty swap wil cover it.
    Probably right on the OS thing, but usually everyone asks if you have upgraded it. LOL. Anyway, I did used the wired headset once, when the battery died on my Jabra, but that's the only time. I actually don't know when it went out, I'm usually on BT or speakerphone. I'm taking it back tomorrow though. I just hope I won't have the same problem with a new one, AT&T won't insure the Pearl and I had a 30 day return policy. If it happens again, I'll probably have to send it back to Blackberry for the 1 year warranty. I'll let you know. Thanks.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yeah, I had a feeling it had to do with the wired headset. I have no evidence to support it, just anecdotal. I think there was a QC issue with the manufacture of some of the devices. Once you connect a wired headset, poof no more earpiece. If you plug in your headset again, I bet it works just fine. Definitely take it back, then never ever ever plug in a headset again. I'll remember that if my BT Headset ever dies or I lose it.

goldntee99 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had 2 friends w/ Pearls go through this and mine did it today. NONE of us have plugged ANYTHING into them. All 3 are TMO ones.

I'm not liking the sound of that, I was hoping that just keeping the wired headset off of it would keep me running.... maybe I'll upgrade to the Curve? LOL.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~got the new pearl today. Had to upgrade the OS and full restore but my handset speaker works. I'll be d****d if I plug in a wired headset again. Safe side ya know. Thanks to all for the help!

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

I'm on the phone on hold with T-Mobile. Speakerphone works, wired headset works... don't own a BT headset. Guess I'm buying one. Dammit!

jnosk22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All ...

I hate to say it, but my AT&T Pearl just blew out the speaker on the handset after I installed a new Motorolla Blue Tooth headset. It worked once on the BT set, once I disconnected, everything's gone. Now, all I can use is a wired headset. Seems like what ever type of hands free triggers the switch in the phone, you have to use the alternate to have any speaker at all. I was on the phone with AT&T for hours and finally their tech said they are having all sorts of problems. My phone isn't under warranty anymore so I'm desperate to find a fix!

Has anyone noticed that even the "speakerphone" option is gone off the Option Menu when you place a call? I'm still thinking a software issue here somewhere ... why would the options change on the phone if it isn't software related?

Just a thought ... I'm new to the site!