I am looking for a bt headset that will allow me to listen to mp3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Johnfm no está en línea Stack level 1

BT headset HS-655 - can it stream audio?

Advertisement

I am looking for a bt headset that will allow me to listen to mp3 tracks that i have on my 8130 that play through the Media Player. They are voice podcasts, so stereo is not an issue for me. I have tried the Plantronics 855 in a store and it works (and i noticed it is A2DP compliant or capable). I like the package of the the 655 with all of its charging options. This is a big plus to me. I have been unable to find anyone who can tell me if the 655 can play media player tracks. Anyone here know?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: BT headset HS-655 - can it stream audio?

No, the 655 is not A2DP compliant, only the 855 is.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

The 655 also has a horrendously short battery life so I definitely would not recommend buying it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

i have an old 655 i tried to stream some music but it didn't work. strange since the motorola q i use for work streams audio through it just fine. guess the q doesnt use a2dp for sending audio through the headset. i never really had any problems with mine and still keep it because it's so light.

Johnfm no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the feedback. It finally dawned on me to try calling Plantronics and they were great - had good info right away. What is listed above seems to be the case - that A2DP has to "exist" (my term because i don't understand the diff between profiles and compliance, etc) on both the bt device and the phone. The 8130 has A2DP, but the 655 doesn't. The 855 does.
    Here is another thing i discovered in the process and it is not at all obvious (the Plantronics guy, otherwise quite knowledgable, wasn't aware of this until we did some digging together). My pet peeve is running out of battery at the critical time, so the 855 with its micro USB and its 1 included wall charger was a red flag to me. But it turns out that there is a USB-micro usb charger cord available for 10.95. The Plantronics guy said they aren't available inmany places but they were at HeadsetsDirect.com Also avail there are car chargers for same, but i already have a car adapter with the usb output so i can charge my bb off this, or with just the addition of this little cord, the headset.
    If I work on the assumption that a usb connection outputs a standard voltage, i could get even less clutter by finding a mini usb:micro usb adapter and use the Pearl charge cord with the adapter on it to do the headset when required. I'm cutting myself off from more research on this and ordering the bits (855 and micro usb charge cord), so if i run into problems, i will humbly report them on the end of this thread.
    Thanks for the help!