Hi, I got a new BB Pearl from Telenor Sweden on Monday but there is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Leonadial no está en línea Stack level 1

Browser Service Books on BES plan?

Advertisement

Hi,

I got a new BB Pearl from Telenor Sweden on Monday but there is no browser icon visible and no IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] service book. However, the browser is installed and if I assign it to one of the configurable buttons I can launch it but I get the old "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries" message.

Yes, I know, I know, it's a common problem and I've searched all over the web for solutions and tried them all. I think KB03710 on the BB.com knowledgebase pretty much covers them all. I spent hours on the phone to Telenor today, who say they've sent me every service book they have.

The thing is, I think I'm on a BES plan with Telenor. My previous device, a 7100v, was activated with my company BES and everything was working just fine, including the browser. However, the IT Policy is pretty strict and I can't install any 3rd party apps once activated.

So I thought to myself I wouldn't activate the new Pearl for a week or so and play around with some 3rd party apps, many of which I need to download OTA through the browser, for while before it gets locked down.

My question is:

Is the reason why I'm unable to get the Browser Service Book from my provider likely to be because I'm on a BES plan? Are different Service Books available depending on whether you're on BES or BIS only? Should I just give up and get the browser service books when I activate on the BES?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Browser Service Books on BES plan?

bhupinder no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E0C0D8

How I configure Browser Service Books manualy?

I could not also receive service book configration