I've had the 8300 for a while now and it came with 2 browsers, there's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Browser(s) on the Pearl?

Advertisement

I've had the 8300 for a while now and it came with 2 browsers, there's one that's called Media Net and then there's one called Internet Browser and I was given the choice of which one to make as default. Well that's pretty cool because I find the Internet Browser to be bit better. But I just bought a 8100 for my wife and it only has Media Net browser and no other choice, am I missing something or is this the only one I get. I installed Opera Mini but it doesn't feel confortable to me. Is there a link to download the Internet Browser like the one I have on my Curve?

Thanks

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: Browser(s) on the Pearl?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ did you sign here up on the bis 29.99 plan? It should come up by itself if you did. Sometimes it can take awhile for it to appear. If you've set up her email and its not coming to the phone yet then try logging into your bis account and resend your service books.

If those don't help, try checking to see if you've hidden the browser icon. Click the menu key on the main screen and click show all to check that.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks,
    I'm signed up for unlimited blackberry + 1500 msg's. I just activated the phone yesterday evening so maybe it just hasn't come up yet. I checked for the hidden idea first and it wasn't there. If it doesn't show up I'll try resending the service books. Thanks for your reply.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

tried resending service book?

when i was missing my browser icon and Dm said it was installed i went to:

options>advanced options>Host Routing Table then menu>Register Now

i think that triggers the books being sent in a way and fixed my missing icon
    Last edited by guyheavensent; 11-14-2007 at 02:06 PM.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No that's not how you send your books. go to your blackberry start page on your carriers website.

Or you can just call customer service and ask them to send it for you.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by takadante View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No that's not how you send your books. go to your blackberry start page on your carriers website.

Or you can just call customer service and ask them to send it for you.
    Registering the HRT is also a way to accomplish that.

You can also go to the "Personal Email Setup" icon on your phone and log in to BIS from there, and resend the books after that.

Based on a few recent experiences with AT&T's OS, I think that AT&T may be removing the default browser option in later versions of their software OS. I don't know this for certain, just a hunch.

You might consider loading a different OS, like .101 (which works very well on the AT&T network) or the newest, .108. When you delete the vendor.xml file prior to loading it, it should unlock the default browser.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

was about to say, it did the trick for me when my browser icon disappeared after a reset.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~glad to hear! Hope your wife enjoys her new berry!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

if all above fails, hook up her bb to DM and run the apploader, make sure the browser is checked on. odds are it is, but it only takes a few seconds to check