I know that the browser is always open. But ice noticed that when I do ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2

browser question

I know that the browser is always open. But ice noticed that when I do menu close, the next time I open it it goes to the bookmarks and if I just hit the end key it will open at the same place it was when I closes it. So does it affect the battery any different actually closing it rather than leaving it on a web page? Sometimes if rather leave a page open so its easier to get back to later but I don't want to waste a lot of battery doing so

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    ask me

Re: browser question

I've not seen that much of a diff in batt life. my theory is: open is open, no matter what page. I use it for the stacks all the time.
    just my thoughts
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me

Re: browser question

Ram, I don't believe that it has any effect on battery life. When you close it through the menu, it reverts to the default page. When you hit end, it'll go to the last page still in memory. If you want, you can change the default start page (in Browser click to Options/Browser Config and change start page).