Deleted not needed language files over dm. After reboot my bis browser is gone and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Paiger850419 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400E01C

Question Browser mishap

Advertisement

Deleted not needed language files over dm. After reboot my bis browser is gone and I'm missing 2 modules needed for the browser

Net.rim.blackberry.xml
    Net.rim.platform.ecmascript

I don't have fast internet so if there are any ota solutions that would be great!

Do I need to upgrade os?

I just realized...I can't do ota with out BlackBerry browser.

Thanks

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Browser mishap

Not sure how those modules were removed just from removing languages. If you have the handheld OS on your computer, you should be able to restore it without downloading anything. Just plug in and launch the application loader. You should be able to checkmark the missing pieces and fix it.
    Worst case you'll have to backup and reload the OS.
    But hopefully it'll be quick and painless.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

you might need to reload the os, im not sure, you could possibly get away with just resending your service books,

you can do that via your carriers website, though ive never had to do it and wouldnt really know how to tell you to get there,

or you can re-register your phone with the network by going to Options>advanced options>host routing table, clicking the menu button and selecting "register now" if it worked after you register youll receive a message saying your wireless device was registered with the network and they might show back up

i would give that a shot first because it doesnt take near as long as it would to do an Os reload,

good luck

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

dang, i type too slow, and hes right, i didnt think about that, sorry... try his approach first it seems more promising and less complicated than mine

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Call your provider and have your bb set up for tethering, plug in and dl that way then have it taken off if you want