Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

what does OS stand for? also...would redownloading my desktop manager solve te problem?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kellixgobang no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Browser/Media Net dissapeared off applications...Cingular user...PLEASE HELP!!!

Advertisement

what does OS stand for?

also...would redownloading my desktop manager solve te problem?

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

Re: Browser/Media Net dissapeared off applications...Cingular user...PLEASE HELP!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~doesnt sound like anything that can't be resolved by wiping the phone and starting over like I had posted before. Go to options, advanced options, general settings, security settings. Then click the button next to the green phone button on your phone. Select the option to wipe handheld. But you need to make sure you have the latest version of the operating system and desktop manager downloaded to you pc. The phone should then reboot and it should be like it was the first time you turned it on. I had to do this the other day myself.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It's not necessary to wipe the device. Just reinstall the OS and desktop manager. kellixgobang, OS stands for operating System. In the way we use it here it includes all the core applications that RIM supplies.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2402F705

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey rcjbr, I tried that the other day and it did not correct my prob like she is having. I had to do a complete wipe. I am on Cingular too so I am not sure if it is a cing issue or not but who knows? Either way we will get her running again

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, I've personally done it on two pearls without wiping and it worked both times.

Even with a backup/restore during the process it worked. And I didn't see anything about wiping the device in the knowledge Base article on this problem. Assuming you had the same problem as many of the recently delivered pearls the wipe shouldn't have been necessary.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2402F705

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well, being a software engineer for the last ten years I can vouch for the fact that a knowledge base doc or user manual are not always going to be accurate. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just do what ever it takes to resolve the problem and forget about what the doc says. As long as the young lady gets her problem fixed your way or mine at least she has yep alternatives if the canned way doesn't work.

kellixgobang no está en línea Stack level 1

thank you both so much im redownloading a new os and desktop manager. thank you

ann4321 no está en línea Stack level 1

Double Help!!

I connected for the first time to desktop manager. I went into applications loader and it started to delete stuff. I disconected my pearl form the USB. Then it would not open web, photos, help menu ect. just kept reading Error. I tried to do what was listed here and now it wont turn on and is not recognized by my computer. All i get is a flashing red LED. I tried to take the battery out and still only a flashing red LED. it wont turn on now what? I hate this thing. I have had a palm for years and have never had any problems.

tomemen707 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the latest 4.2 OS and i still dont have browser or MN. can sum 1 please help me out or suggest some more helpful solutions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123