Has anyone been able to resolve this error. I pulled this from this forum http://www.ericgiguere.com/blackberry/http-issues.html ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bsheek no está en línea Stack level 2

Browser Error

Advertisement

Has anyone been able to resolve this error.
    I pulled this from this forum http://www.ericgiguere.com/blackberry/http-issues.html

I have my service with Cingular and used the Desktop manager to redirect my work email to my peral from my company blackberry. I pay for my blackberry service through Cingular. I get this erro on some webpages. 413 (Request Entity Too Large) Any ideas???

Blackberry Enterprise Server Limitations
    By default, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) limits the response size of a single HTTP response to 128K. If you try to fetch anything bigger your application will receive a 413 (Request Entity Too Large) response code. To get around this you must use the BES management console to change the value of the Maximum number of kilobytes per connection field to a higher value, up to 1024K.
    Note that this limit also applies to the MDS simulator, so you'll need to change the simulator's settings as well. Edit the mds\config\rimpublic.property file in your JDE installation directory and change the value of the IPPP.connection.MaxNumberOfKBytesToSend property to match the BES setting and then restart the simulator.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Browser Error

bsheek,

I'm trying to understand your question. Does it refer to your personal BB or your Company BB. If it is your personal BB, then the problem may reside with BIS. I have never received a 413, but have had "Page to Large" when browsing.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bsheek no está en línea Stack level 2

I get this error on my pearl...I handed in my company blackberry back to our IT department. What I don't know is, when I web surf on my Pearl via the BlackBerry Browser, am I going through my companies Blackberry server or am I using Cingular's service?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

so you have two different bb's? what are they on BES/BIS

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you are using the MDS Browser you are using the Company network, If you are using the Internet Browser you are using the RIM Network but not going through the company network.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dallaspunk no está en línea Stack level 1

I am sorry.... But I am a beginner here... I have a question!

HOW do you up the Max to 1024KB? Is this something that I can do in my Blackberry device, or do I need to do this while it is hooked up to my computer??? I am attempting to download mp3 ringtones, and need a little more than 128k!

hammer03 no está en línea Stack level 1

ok, does anyone know step by step, through my blackberry or the pc internet what website, what setting or what is it exactly we need to do to download a so called large file. I tried to download a simple 6 minute video and keep getting entity file to large. it is a pain in the ***. does anyone know how or who i can call to change the file limit allowed. i have the blackerry pearl. if that helps at all.

nubiescript no está en línea Stack level 1
    you can try use this tool to download large file using your blackberry

www[.]nubiescript[.]com[/]free[/]split