Before I start just wanted to say that I'm glad to ave found this site ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bonh no está en línea Stack level 1

Browser and Maps on T-Mobile?

Advertisement

Before I start just wanted to say that I'm glad to ave found this site (it's listed on Wikipedia for the blackberry) and that I'm officially addicted to my blackberry. BUT! I do have some questions.

I just bought my blackberry pearl on Saturday(black, with a 1GB sd card for my mp3s ) and when I got it I didn't get the blackberry unlimited plan but today I decided to get it. I got it this afternoon around 2, it's 8 o clock now and the only applications that I recieved when I activated were the option to add email, send voice message, and t-zones. I didn't get a browser. I called and they told me it would take 48 hours before it would pop up, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there could be something else.

Second I do have the maps feature on my pearl but it's all blank and shows nothing, is that another feature I have to pay for or does it also have to do with my internet?

Thanks,
    Bonh
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Browser and Maps on T-Mobile?

A: It could take up to 48hrs, but usually doesn't.

Make sure of this first...Go to options-network and make sure you data services are turned on.

If they are and you still don't have anything, log into www.tmobile.com and go to Set Up Internet Emails, and resend service books to see if that doesn't push it through.

B: BBMaps are included in data useage and will begin to work once your data becomes active.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by bonh
    Before I start just wanted to say that I'm glad to ave found this site (it's listed on Wikipedia for the blackberry) and that I'm officially addicted to my blackberry.
    That's interesting...Never looked at that before.

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

*Dang got beat by N8*
    Let me be the first to welcome you to Stacks!!
    I'm glad you love your pearl as much as most all of us do hehe.

ok question 1. My data service came up *internet and all that jazz* in less than 2 hours after activation, but that's just me and it does vary due to server times. I would recomend waiting it out.

Question 2. The map will not show unless you have the internet, and since you dont yet, it wont show until you do. Once again, wait this one out and report back if you have any problems. Also...once you get the net be sure to get GoogleMaps for your pearl..its a lot nicer IMO
    Feel free to PIN me with any more q's -Aber

bonh no está en línea Stack level 1

wow i guess t-mobile is watching this, i was just organizing my applications and they both popped up! Thanks guys now time for the fun

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

We have unbelieveable powers here at Pinstack...