Are there any alternatives to BB Browser and Opera Mini? I have problems with way ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Browser Alternatives?

Advertisement

Are there any alternatives to BB Browser and Opera Mini?

I have problems with way too many sites--with both browsers. The latest was trying to log in to YouTube--couldn't do it with either. On Opera Mini I could scroll to the name-entry window and enter my name but it refused to move on to the password box. No matter what I've tried I am unable to enter a password to complete the log-in process.

I recently watched Steve Jobs presentation of the new iPhone. That device will be using Safari, not Safari mini or some other abbreviated mobile browser. If I can't get my BB's browsers to work better I will be jumping to iPhone when it is released.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Browser Alternatives?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    He just didn't call it safari mini, or os x mini for that matter. They will be special code for the mobile device, not the full version in macs today. Now about BB and opera, they are just the same, made for mobile devices. Youtube is made for computers. It uses ajax just like gmail does, and mobile browsers cannot work with that (yet).

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

You can try tinytube.com

wesstevens no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EOA517

You are ahead of me if you can get opera mini to work. Must be a carrier problem.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

cliff explained it perfectly. even if it were to run full scale versions (which it isn't) the phone would run extremely slow and eat up the battery. the processor in a bb (or any other smart phone) cant compare to the power of any modern laptop/desktop (sacrifice for the size and function).

you can switch to the iPhone, just don't be surprised when it doesn't do all you suspect it to.