ok so i just got my phone unlocked and i brought it into the rogers ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

darkrhyda no está en línea Stack level 2

browser?

Advertisement

ok so i just got my phone unlocked and i brought it into the rogers store and the guy said he doesnt know if id be able to use the data plan since my phone is unlocked from tmobile. the browser i have is bblocal so that was a main problem he said. so i was just wondering if anyone knows what i can do. oh and also when i first unlocked it the top banner said something about data compatibility error or something similar and when i changed the theme that error went away and now it says rogers. so yea if anyone can help thatd be great. thanks

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: browser?

i would imagine you are probably ok....most carriers give you 30 days to evealute their service
    in that time frame you can drop the contract with out a fee
    i'd check into the and if they offer it then try it and see if you can get it working
    i'm not sure why the browser would matter
    you could always install opera mini if that was significant but i'm sure it's not

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

I don't see why you would have a problem using Rogers on an UNLOCKED T-Mobile phone. The whole point of unlocking a phone is so that you can insert the SIM from any carrier into that phone and use it.

As for the data incompatibility thing. I got no clue.. hopefull someone can answer that one for you
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

whats opera mini??

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

SWT6 no está en línea Stack level 1

The guy at the store just wants you to buy a Rogers phone so he can lock you onto a plan. The browser issue he brought up is irrelevant and there is no data incompatibility problem using a T-mobile phone. Heck, T-Mobile uses the Rogers network to roam when U.S. users come and visit Toronto.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

darkrhyda, Are you sure it said Data Compatibility something, or did it say Data Connection Refused? The latter is an indication that you don't have a BlackBerry data plan.

But you Tmo Pearl will work on Rogers, once you get a BB data plan.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

yes thats wat it said, data connection refused. thanks. once i get the data plan how do i use the browser? do i go on bblocal? cause thats the only thing i see to use for internet

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't know what BB Local is but you should have an Internet Browser Icon on your Home Screen. Click on it. You will have to either enter URLs manually until you get your bookmarks set up. To enter a URL Manually, use the Menu Button from the Browser and Select Go To. then type the url in the space provided and hit the enter key.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

i dont see any browser icon. wats it suppose to look like? maybe i have to erase and restore my phone??

i just saw wat the browser icon looks like on the blackberry website and i cant find it on my phone. i checked under hidden apps but theres nothing there? any ideas??

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

darkrhyda, Have you gotten you BB data plan activated yet? You want get the Browser until your plan is activated.
    Once activated and you have registered you BB IMEI and PIN on your BIS account you can send the Service books.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer