Hi, I am a new member to the BB forum and recently purchased a Blackberry ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

Broswer and AIM freezes and other problems

Advertisement

Hi,

I am a new member to the BB forum and recently purchased a Blackberry Pearl with T-mobile.

1. Alright, what I noticed these past 2 days was that sometimes, my broswer would freeze up. Now at certain time, I can exit from the bfroswer, but the broswer would still be stuck at one particular webpage. However, other times, when I try to re-enter into the broswer, it would completely freeze up my phone.

2. I also have a problem with AIM. It would randomly freeze up sometimes. One time, it froze up because I was trying to add a buddy.

3. How do I delete an icon when it is no longer in use? For example, when I set up an email account to be transferred to my blackberry pearl, there is an icon that is created for that email. However, if I delete that email serive from forwarding to me, the icon that corresponds to that email does not delete itself. So how do I get rid of it?

4. Is there a way to restart the blackberry pearl that can actually make the broswer start over? I mean, when my broswer freezes, I usually turn off the phone and turn it back on again. That un freezes my phone, but the broswer still remains in the same condition (frozen).

5. Is there free technical support for the Blackberry Pearl? Can I get the number please?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Broswer and AIM freezes and other problems

1. Alright, what I noticed these past 2 days was that sometimes, my broswer would freeze up. Now at certain time, I can exit from the bfroswer, but the broswer would still be stuck at one particular webpage. However, other times, when I try to re-enter into the broswer, it would completely freeze up my phone.

What theme are you using?
    Have you tried to do a hard reset of the phone?
    What type of webpage were you on when it froze?

2. I also have a problem with AIM. It would randomly freeze up sometimes. One time, it froze up because I was trying to add a buddy.

See above...And which IM client are you using for AIM?

3. How do I delete an icon when it is no longer in use? For example, when I set up an email account to be transferred to my blackberry pearl, there is an icon that is created for that email. However, if I delete that email serive from forwarding to me, the icon that corresponds to that email does not delete itself. So how do I get rid of it?

You can hide it. Depending on what theme you are using it varies how you do so. Which theme are you using? A zen theme or an icon theme?

4. Is there a way to restart the blackberry pearl that can actually make the broswer start over? I mean, when my broswer freezes, I usually turn off the phone and turn it back on again. That un freezes my phone, but the broswer still remains in the same condition (frozen).

You are probably needing to do a hard reset, which is removing the battery for 30 seconds and then putting it back in.

5. Is there free technical support for the Blackberry Pearl? Can I get the number please?

Free tech support? Nope...These forums are the best you will get without paying a yearly/monthly/one time fee to get support directly from BlackBerry, and unless you are a company and running on a BES server, RIM Tech support probably will be a waste of money anyways.

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

Re: Broswer and AIM freezes and other problems

What theme are you using? I am using the original theme that it started off with (Zen theme)
    Have you tried to do a hard reset of the phone? No, I didn't even know what that was. Thanks for telling me at the bottom of the page.
    What type of webpage were you on when it froze? I was trying to log into my school's site which lets me look at grades/classes/and other info.

See above...And which IM client are you using for AIM? I am using the "OZ" client for AIM? Also, my buddylist is only like half of what it should be...

You can hide it. Depending on what theme you are using it varies how you do so. Which theme are you using? A zen theme or an icon theme? I figured out how to hide it already, but there is no way to delete the icon? Thats ridiculous right? I am using the zen theme.

You are probably needing to do a hard reset, which is removing the battery for 30 seconds and then putting it back in. Thanks.

Free tech support? Nope...These forums are the best you will get without paying a yearly/monthly/one time fee to get support directly from BlackBerry, and unless you are a company and running on a BES server, RIM Tech support probably will be a waste of money anyways. Thanks.